title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Music Converter with Arrange Audio, and DSP effects not working

Question Music Converter with Arrange Audio, and DSP effects not working

Hi,

I have my CDs ripped to flac and am using dMC with Arrange Audio and using the ID Tag Processing and Playlist Writer DSP effects to change the directory structure of my library and my file naming convention.

As arrange audio isn't meant to convert audio I can understand that many DSP effects would not work.

However, DSP effects that don't manipulate the audio files, like:
    • using the ID Tag Processing DSP to export album art to folder.jpg
    • using Playlist Writer DSP to generate new playlists for the renamed files
    • using Folder.jpg Preserve DSP to move files with other extensions (log files, etc)

also don't work.

I guess I can understand the ID Tag Processing DSP export function not working because some parts of that DSP do manipulate the tags in the file and it would be difficult to only enable part of a DSP with Arrange Audio, but I'd expect Playlist Writer and Folder.jpg Preserve to work with Arrange Audio as they don't manipulate the files.

I know that batch converter won't generate playlists for multiple album selections, but it even when using Arrange Audio on a single album Playlist Writer doesn't generate a new playlist which is a real downer.:(

I'm wondering if this is by design or if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks

Administrator

Re: Music Converter with Arrange Audio, and DSP effects not working

No DSP effects (regardless what they do) will function unless the file is converted to a format which is not a utility codec. The ID Tag Processing DSP, there is an [Update ID Tag] utility codec with the same functionality.

Re: Music Converter with Arrange Audio, and DSP effects not working

OK, that makes sense.

As Arrange Audio already includes an option that mimics partial functionality of the Folder.jpg Preserve DSP I've requested some enhancements in the Wish List forum for the Arrange Audio utility codec to include more options to handle files with other extensions and include basic playlist writing.

Thanks