title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to change album metadata withour reripping

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nikcha
    • Feb 2013

How to change album metadata withour reripping

Hi

After ripping an album i need some times to change metadata retrieved from dbpoweramp.
    For example as dbpoweramp use different sources to get metadata i maybe later decide that i want to use a different source than the one used the first time ripping was done.
    Is there any way to do it without to much trouble=reinserting the cd and overwrite the old files with new ones.

thanks in advance

Nikos
    Last edited by nikcha; 02-10-2014, 01:36 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How to change album metadata without reripping

Normally if metadata is changed, the filenames will change also, so delete the old album, then re-rip with the new metadata.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• eaglescout1998
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2009

Is there a reason you cannot simply edit the files' tags?

Comment

• BrodyBoy
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by nikcha
        Hi

After ripping an album i need some times to change metadata retrieved from dbpoweramp.
        For example as dbpoweramp use different sources to get metadata i maybe later decide that i want to use a different source than the one used the first time ripping was done.
        Is there any way to do it without to much trouble=reinserting the cd and overwrite the old files with new ones.

thanks in advance

Nikos
        You can easily edit metadata post-rip. This can be done in Windows Explorer: right-click on the file(s) and select Properties from the Context Menu...there you'll see tabs for editing the tags. (Note that selecting multiple files allows you to edit certain tags in bulk.) A more efficient approach, especially if you have a lot of editing to do, is to use a tag editor. I personally use mp3tag, but there are others out there that do much the same thing.

Comment

• d2b
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Aug 2010

Use mp3tag/exe. It's not only free, but it's far more powerful and useful than anything you can do with Windows Explorer. You can find it here:

Download Mp3tag, a powerful and easy-to-use tool to edit metadata of audio files

Don't click any of the green "download" buttons. The link for the correct download shows up in brown-colored text lower in the page. The green download buttons are for other products.

Even though it's free. you'll enjoy good karma if you donate a bit of money to the developer when you complete the installation process.

Dennis, aka "d2b"

Comment

Working...

]]>