title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Accuracy

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cps58
    • Feb 2014

Accuracy

I have just started ripping cds using dBpoweramp, I have noticed that the accuracy is always around 80%. Is this good, bad or indifferent. Should it be 100%?
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Accuracy

Originally posted by cps58
    I have just started ripping cds using dBpoweramp, I have noticed that the accuracy is always around 80%. Is this good, bad or indifferent. Should it be 100%?
    where are you seeing this 80% reported. this sounds like EAC output instead. For dbpa, you'll have one of four outcomes (and maybe you could get an ERROR outcome too on a failure).

1. Accurate. The rip had no detectable errors and agrees with other people (they have ripped the same track and had the exact same result), an agreement from AccurateRip ensures an error free rip.

2. Secure. Again the rip had no detectable errors, but this time the CD is not present in AccurateRip's database.

3. Secure with "i" (information) Your ripping result disagrees with other peoples rips, the green i indicates that frames had to be re-ripped, possibly an undetected error has slipped through. If all tracks except one have an AccurateRip verification, and the confidence (number shown in brackets) is more than one, it is likely your rip has errors.

4. Unsecure. AccurateRip says your rip has errors, also CD Ripper says it is unsecure.

Maybe you're referring to the number in the parentheses after the ACCURATERIP notation. This number is not a percentage correct, it is the number of other people's rips that your rip matches. anything "1" or higher is great outcome (unless you are reripping a disk that you already ripped and that "1" is actually a match to yourself).
    Last edited by garym; 02-06-2014, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>