title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch Converter Scheduling Option

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sprogger
    • Aug 2012

Batch Converter Scheduling Option

Team
    I imagine I am like many of the users of dbpoweramp and manage two different music libraries, one lossless and one lossy.

My main library is in FLAC format and is used by my home theater system (where quailty is very important).
    My second library is in AAC format and used by my family for their portable devices.

I regularly add new music to my main library and then have to convert the lossless files into my lossy (AAC) library using dbpoweramp batch converter with appropriate encoder, DSP options, Replay Gain, ID Tag processing, resampling etc .. I do this using the "overwrite = no to all" option so I dont rebuild the entire library every time

Requirement = What I would like to see is an option to manage this process using the operating systems inbuilt scheduling function so it is automatic. For example . run the batch converter command with options so that it builds/adds new music to the lossless library once a week/month without my intervention

Thoughts = If you added an option that allowed users to export your batch conversion settings into a command line file (with overwrite = no/yes) then users could insert this into whatever scheduler their operating systems used to automate the process.

Thank you for your consideration

Cheers
    Sprogger
  • nCubed
    • Jul 2007

Re: Batch Converter Scheduling Option

I was about to say I made the same suggestion a couple of years ago... a quick search and I realized I had made this request 6 years ago to the day :shocked:
    If I'm missing something plainly obvious, I apologize in adavance :o I have two music libraries. The primary library (source library) contains all the lossless music, i.e. wma lossless, the secondary libary (destination library) contains a mirror image of the primary libary, but in mp3 format. Whenever I rip a new CD, I

I've even considered writing a Window's service and hooking into the batch converter's assemblies to accomplish the auto batch/sync... maybe one day...

Comment

Working...

]]>