title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp suddenly won't rip anything?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheFrenchCdn
    • Jan 2014

dBpoweramp suddenly won't rip anything?

I've suddenly developed a problem with dBpoweramp. Over the last year or so, I've been ripping my entire CD collection in fits and starts. Sometimes I'll rip several albums a day, sometimes I won't look at if for a month.

I hadn't done anything much with it in the last few months, and earlier this past week I ripped a number of CDs without issue. These particular CDs were spoken word stuff that I do to a specific folder apart from my music collection and in MP3 format only, as I'm less concerned with audio quality for this type of material. I have a number of profiles programmed into dBpoweramp and simply recall the appropriate one for whatever it is I happen to be ripping at the time.

So this morning I plunked a music CD in my drive and tried to rip it using the profile appropriate for my music rips. In this case, I rip the music to both FLAC for use with media players in the house and MP3 (@ 320) for use on the go in the car or whatever when I'm not critically listening on a high fidelity device. Well, dBpoweramp just basically listed a bunch of errors right from the top down and spit the disk out in about 20 seconds flat. Tried another four or five disks, some very well known others less so, all of them commercially produced, and had the same result every time.

So to recap: MP3s to one folder work just fine (I just tested this to verify), and FLAC & MP3s to another folder (same drive & parent folder and basically right "next" to my music collection) fail every time I try to rip them, both with dBpoweramp.

UPDATE - Just for kicks, I tried to point the rips to a test folder on the desktop and bingo - it works just fine!

F.Y.I. - I checked the folders in both cases (one that works as well as one of the folders I'm struggling with), and both are set to "read only (Only applies to files in folder)". The test foler I just created is the same.

Curiously enough, I've been dealing with another problem of late with Asset - it doesn't seem to want to see these same folders dBpoweramp is unable to rip to. This has got to be related... ideas?? Some sort of folder rights issue?

Thanks for the help
    TFC

Below is a copy of the error log:

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 1' to 'D:\Miscellaneous\Sounds\New Rips\Wallflowers, The\Glad All Over\01 Wallflowers, The - Hospital for Sinners.IGNORE'
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'J:\Media\Sounds\Music\CD collection\FLAC\Wallflowers, The - Glad All Over\Wallflowers, The - Hospital for Sinners.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'J:\Media\Sounds\Music\CD collection\MP3\Wallflowers, The - Glad All Over\Wallflowers, The - Hospital for Sinners.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 2' to 'D:\Miscellaneous\Sounds\New Rips\Wallflowers, The\Glad All Over\02 Wallflowers, The - Misfits and Lovers.IGNORE'
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'J:\Media\Sounds\Music\CD collection\FLAC\Wallflowers, The - Glad All Over\Wallflowers, The - Misfits and Lovers.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'J:\Media\Sounds\Music\CD collection\MP3\Wallflowers, The - Glad All Over\Wallflowers, The - Misfits and Lovers.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 3' to 'D:\Miscellaneous\Sounds\New Rips\Wallflowers, The\Glad All Over\03 Wallflowers, The - First One in the Car.IGNORE'
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'J:\Media\Sounds\Music\CD collection\FLAC\Wallflowers, The - Glad All Over\Wallflowers, The - First One in the Car.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'J:\Media\Sounds\Music\CD collection\MP3\Wallflowers, The - Glad All Over\Wallflowers, The - First One in the Car.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 4' to 'D:\Miscellaneous\Sounds\New Rips\Wallflowers, The\Glad All Over\04 Wallflowers, The - Reboot the Mission.IGNORE'
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'J:\Media\Sounds\Music\CD collection\FLAC\Wallflowers, The - Glad All Over\Wallflowers, The - Reboot the Mission.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'J:\Media\Sounds\Music\CD collection\MP3\Wallflowers, The - Glad All Over\Wallflowers, The - Reboot the Mission.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 5' to 'D:\Miscellaneous\Sounds\New Rips\Wallflowers, The\Glad All Over\05 Wallflowers, The - It's a Dream.IGNORE'
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'J:\Media\Sounds\Music\CD collection\FLAC\Wallflowers, The - Glad All Over\Wallflowers, The - It's a Dream.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'J:\Media\Sounds\Music\CD collection\MP3\Wallflowers, The - Glad All Over\Wallflowers, The - It's a Dream.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 6' to 'D:\Miscellaneous\Sounds\New Rips\Wallflowers, The\Glad All Over\06 Wallflowers, The - Love Is a Country.IGNORE'
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'J:\Media\Sounds\Music\CD collection\FLAC\Wallflowers, The - Glad All Over\Wallflowers, The - Love Is a Country.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'J:\Media\Sounds\Music\CD collection\MP3\Wallflowers, The - Glad All Over\Wallflowers, The - Love Is a Country.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 7' to 'D:\Miscellaneous\Sounds\New Rips\Wallflowers, The\Glad All Over\07 Wallflowers, The - Have Mercy on Him Now.IGNORE'
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'J:\Media\Sounds\Music\CD collection\FLAC\Wallflowers, The - Glad All Over\Wallflowers, The - Have Mercy on Him Now.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'J:\Media\Sounds\Music\CD collection\MP3\Wallflowers, The - Glad All Over\Wallflowers, The - Have Mercy on Him Now.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 8' to 'D:\Miscellaneous\Sounds\New Rips\Wallflowers, The\Glad All Over\08 Wallflowers, The - The Devil's Waltz.IGNORE'
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'J:\Media\Sounds\Music\CD collection\FLAC\Wallflowers, The - Glad All Over\Wallflowers, The - The Devil's Waltz.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'J:\Media\Sounds\Music\CD collection\MP3\Wallflowers, The - Glad All Over\Wallflowers, The - The Devil's Waltz.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 9' to 'D:\Miscellaneous\Sounds\New Rips\Wallflowers, The\Glad All Over\09 Wallflowers, The - It Won't Be Long (Till We're Not Wrong Anymore).IGNORE'
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'J:\Media\Sounds\Music\CD collection\FLAC\Wallflowers, The - Glad All Over\Wallflowers, The - It Won't Be Long (Till We're Not Wrong Anymore).flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'J:\Media\Sounds\Music\CD collection\MP3\Wallflowers, The - Glad All Over\Wallflowers, The - It Won't Be Long (Till We're Not Wrong Anymore).mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 10' to 'D:\Miscellaneous\Sounds\New Rips\Wallflowers, The\Glad All Over\10 Wallflowers, The - Constellation Blues.IGNORE'
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'J:\Media\Sounds\Music\CD collection\FLAC\Wallflowers, The - Glad All Over\Wallflowers, The - Constellation Blues.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'J:\Media\Sounds\Music\CD collection\MP3\Wallflowers, The - Glad All Over\Wallflowers, The - Constellation Blues.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 11' to 'D:\Miscellaneous\Sounds\New Rips\Wallflowers, The\Glad All Over\11 Wallflowers, The - One Set of Wings.IGNORE'
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'J:\Media\Sounds\Music\CD collection\FLAC\Wallflowers, The - Glad All Over\Wallflowers, The - One Set of Wings.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'J:\Media\Sounds\Music\CD collection\MP3\Wallflowers, The - Glad All Over\Wallflowers, The - One Set of Wings.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dBpoweramp suddenly won't rip anything?

>J:\Media\Sounds\Music\CD collection\FLAC\Wallflowers, The - Glad All Over\Wallflowers, The - Hospital for Sinners.flac

For what ever reason drive J is no longer able to be written to, browse to this drive with Windows explorer, make sure you can copy files there.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• TheFrenchCdn
      • Jan 2014

Exactly - just got that figured out. Somehow, permissions are seriously screwed up on that one particular folder (CD collection) and it's child folders. Don't know how, but I can't change them, even though I'm the system admin - they've been attributed to my wife's account so I'll have to change them from her account. Problem is, she's been away for a week and I can't get a hold of her for her password. She's on her way home now though, so thankfully I should be able to get this resolved soon.

I think this is what's been screwing up Asset (the other thread I've been working with you on) this whole time as well!

Quite a while ago I had bought a WD TV Live unit and had tried to get it to work. Spent many hours on the phone with their tech support, to no avail - I ended up giving up and returning it. However, in the course of trying to get it to work, we were deep into my permissions/sharing/security settings etc and I think this problem dates back to that time. I was worried while we were monkeying around in there that it would bite me in the ass later... and how here we are.

Once I get my wife's password and get this all straightened out, I'm sure I'll be able to solve this and the problem I've been having with asset as well. I'll be sure to post an update at that time (to both threads).

Thanks,
      TFC

Comment

• TheFrenchCdn
        • Jan 2014

Success!

The secret was to have "Everyone" listed under "Group or user names:" in Windows 7.

Previously, for some reason, this folder was attributed to my wife's account, which meant when dBpoweramp was trying to creat folders and FLAC/MP3 files to put in them it didn't have permission to do so, since I was using it from my own account.

Now it should work from any account on this computer, I would think.

That explains that!

Take care,
        TFC

Comment

Working...

]]>