title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Restricted Character options - Different Settings for Filename and Tag?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Max Dread
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2013

Re: Restricted Character options - Different Settings for Filename and Tag?

Well, we never got to the bottom of this and I could never get it to work as it should. No matter what I do, I always get inverted question marks... Whilst a solution would be great, I'm now just using Windows search to find ¿ and deleting them manually. It's a bit easier them doing it "on the fly" and it also ensures I don't miss any.

Comment

• projeKct
      • May 2014

Well, I've been doing some testing, and I confirm there is a bug with the Multi Encoder (great feature by the way!!) and the File Name Restricted Characters.

My test: I've added a silly replacement like "-" in To Replace and "1" in Replace With in Meta Data options.

When I rip to mp3 (Lame) or FLAC or any encoder, the replacement is done ("-" becomes "1").

When I rip with Multi Encoder with Output Location set to "Folder", then the filename is OK, it follows the rules ("-" becomes "1").

When I rip with Multi Encoder with Output Location set to "Dynamic", then the bug appears ("-" stays "-"). The filename doesn't follow any rule, but the "default rules" such as "?" becomes "¿" etc.

It would be very nice of you to correct it. :smile:
      Last edited by projeKct; 05-03-2014, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Multi encoder does not use the filename replacement from CD Ripper, it has none currently, it is on our todo list to add into multi encoder.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• projeKct
          • May 2014

Perfect, thank you!

It will be a nice addition to the already fantastic Multi Encoder!

But then, why does "?" becomes "¿" if there is no filename replacement when in Multi Encoder mode? (Just wondering... not an important issue, really!)
          Last edited by projeKct; 05-03-2014, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

It uses a default replacement string which cannot be edited.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>