title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Album Art Missing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dnelson9958
    • Jan 2014

Album Art Missing

Hello, new user here! I've just ripped 90 cds into FLAC level 5, I decided I would rather use FLAC uncompressed so ran the batch converter against all the files. The conversion was successful but unfortunately there is a problem with the album art.

Individual tracks have the art associated with then, but the Album itself has lost the cover art. I'm using Kinsky, if I view by album the art is missing, if I view by individual track it appears. I've checked the directories and the JPG file is still there. I've also checked the id tags for the individual tracks and the art appears. Prior to the batch convert everything was ok.

Is it possible to retrieve the art at the 'Album' level or do I need to start again?

Thank you
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Album Art Missing

Originally posted by dnelson9958
    Hello, new user here! I've just ripped 90 cds into FLAC level 5, I decided I would rather use FLAC uncompressed so ran the batch converter against all the files. The conversion was successful but unfortunately there is a problem with the album art.

Individual tracks have the art associated with then, but the Album itself has lost the cover art. I'm using Kinsky, if I view by album the art is missing, if I view by individual track it appears. I've checked the directories and the JPG file is still there. I've also checked the id tags for the individual tracks and the art appears. Prior to the batch convert everything was ok.

Is it possible to retrieve the art at the 'Album' level or do I need to start again?

Thank you
    You probably didn't have the conversion settings setup properly to transfer the album art to the new files (as either a file within the album folder or embedded in file).

Comment

• dnelson9958
      • Jan 2014

Garym, thanks for the reply. Is this something I can recover or do I have to start ripping again ?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The files have a folder.jpg in the same album folder?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by dnelson9958
          Garym, thanks for the reply. Is this something I can recover or do I have to start ripping again ?
          probably away of using something to move the art files over to new subdirectories. Not sure. but you certainly don't need to rerip. Worst case is to reconvert from the old FLAC files you started with.

Comment

• dnelson9958
            • Jan 2014

Hi Spoon, the folder.jpg is still in the album folder for each album. Everything looks exactly as it did prior to conversion.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

What is your UPnP server?
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by garym
                probably away of using something to move the art files over to new subdirectories. Not sure. but you certainly don't need to rerip. Worst case is to reconvert from the old FLAC files you started with.
                ignore my response. sounds like the artwork is still where it is supposed to be, just not being read at the album level. That's a different issue than I thought.

Comment

• dnelson9958
                  • Jan 2014

Hi Spoon, The server is Twonky on a Wd Mybook live I'm using until my new NAS arrives!

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

It is likely a Twonky issue, there are pages and pages about Twonky and album art issues.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dnelson9958
                      • Jan 2014

Spoon, you are correct. I restarted the Mybook and the album art has now appeared in Kinsky. I wish I'd thought of that earlier!

Thanks for your help and support, and Garym, thanks for your suggestions.

Comment

Working...

]]>