title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: cd ripper crashing

cd ripper crashing

Hi,
    Ive recently purchased the Reference version R14 Family pack.
    I managed to rip about 10cds but then it just started to crash every time it was opened to start a new rip.

I tried to use a second laptop ( since I have the same version installed on two laptops) to see if it was a problem with the laptop but the same probem occurs.
    I updated to the latest version..

Same again, insert the cd, wait for it to load then boom, up pops the window, DB poweramp just crashed, Windows is checking for a solution blah blah..

I removed the program from one of the laptops and reinstalled it.

No change. same result?

I have also disabled itunes so that there are no conflicts when a cd is inserted.

Ive been using it for about an hour this morning prior to this problem and it was fine. I cant understand what s causing it?

Any clues??

thanks

doug

Administrator

Re: cd ripper crashing

It is AMG metadata which is crashing (your router must be changing the data and AMGs decoding library really does not like), you can either: disable AMG from the meta menu, or try R15 which does AMG differently (it is in the testing section of this forum).

I'm having a similar issue, but I can't even load the program let alone make any changes.

I've tried re-installing but makes no difference, I can only get as far as the startup screen when I get "dbpoweramp is not responding" etc... only option is to close the program..

Administrator

Start it with no CD in the drive.

Thumbs down Re: cd ripper crashing

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Start it with no CD in the drive.
    Still no joy.. exactly the same issue, splash screen starts but program won't load ... "not responding"

Quote Originally Posted by nigethecat View Post
    Still no joy.. exactly the same issue, splash screen starts but program won't load ... "not responding"
    Ok... just got it to start but AGAIN does exactly the same thing and freezes... also won't find cd information...

Administrator

You have unchecked AMG from the meta drop menu?

Freezing suggests something different, the amg issue was a full program crash. Freezing suggests the interaction between CD drive and program is not as it should be. What is your system? Windows 7? how is the CD drive connected, internally with SATA? Try selecting Options >> communication and set as Windows Built-in.