title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Need help interpreting accurate and secure rip results on a single CD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tennberg
    • Jan 2014

Need help interpreting accurate and secure rip results on a single CD

Hi all,

I have a CD I was ripping where track 6 kept giving errors (all other tracks came up as Accurate with confidence numbers in the 40-45 range). I tried it on a different computer, and kept getting errors with the same track. I cleaned the CD but that didn't help.

I found a copy of the same CD for very cheap when I was out shopping today. This copy had no problems with track 6, which came up as Accurate, but now tracks 7-8 and 12-14 are showing the result below. The confidence number for this CD is 2, so I assume that means this is a different pressing from my original CD. When those 5 tracks were ripping, it did 2 initial passes, then 3 ultra passes. It did not re-rip any frames. How do I interpret this? Does this mean the 2 people who submitted rip data for this CD somehow didn't upload data for those 5 tracks? I assume if they had different results, it would've shown errors for those 5 tracks, but it's showing as having no detectable errors yet not present in AR. I'm wondering if I should return this CD and look for another copy elsewhere.

• Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Need help interpreting accurate and secure rip results on a single CD

Yes a different pressing, use Track 6 from one CD and the rest from other CDs, you only need a verification to be sure it is 100% right.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Tennberg
      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
      Yes a different pressing, use Track 6 from one CD and the rest from other CDs, you only need a verification to be sure it is 100% right.
      (Note: I upgraded to the latest betas for both dBpoweramp and PerfectTUNES, and followed the instructions for installing them over a registered copy.)

Using dBpoweramp R15 beta, I ripped track 6 from the CD that shows it as Accurate and tracks 1-5/7-14 from the other CD which shows those as Accurate. They're all ripped into the same folder.

I then ran AccurateRip from PerfectTUNES R1.5 beta, and it showed track 6 as inaccurate. Is that what happens when the tracks it scans are a mix of two different pressings?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You cannot mix 2 pressings and have PerfectTunes try to match as it would never match to the right pressing.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• themassacre
          • Jan 2014

Hello gents,
          I am finding the same issues with some cd's and then I eject them and then place them back in and rerip. I deselect the tracks that are all ready "Accurate" and rip only the "Secure " ones and then they magically turn into "Accurate". Doesn't happen often but enough to be frustrating. Spoon you are the program expert why dose this happen and how can we fix it? Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

It is 100% down to your CD drive, not the software, it is the only variable element. If you can try a different drive, it will probably fix this issue.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>