title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: db error message: "Unable to write ID tags for..."

Question Re: db error message: "Unable to write ID tags for..."

Quote Originally Posted by musicmafia View Post
    I use eset and now that you mention it they recently upgraded me to a newer version....
    I am having this same error now - Trial Version with 2 days left. Planned on purchasing because really love the simplicity/flexibility of dBpoweramp.

[new HP laptop with WD8tb usb external drive, dedicated music server with no programs added except: dBpoweramp, HP tools, WD tools, McAfee LiveSafe]

We get this error when simply trying to manually edit tags (year & comment) for ALL songs in an album (we select check box at top of File Explorer which selects ALL of song files for album):

"Unable to write ID tags for:
    [flac file location]
    Check these files can be written to."

** We know that we have set full admin privileges in Win10 for this drive, and have been able to edit files until now. (trying to assess what might have changed on this platform to cause this issue)

Q: How can I check/change eset on Win10?
    or
    Q: Is there another discussion node for this issue that addresses this or similar issues?

We are thinking it might have to do with Windows ESET, or possibly McAfee LiveSafe... but just a hunch.

THANKS for any time and assistance anyone might offer,

RKK
    (frustrated with MSoft - as usual)

Re: db error message: "Unable to write ID tags for..."

FIX: getting error message when editing music file idtags -

"Unable to write ID tags for:
    [flac file location]
    Check these files can be written to"

Duh! (LUser Error!)

My wife reminded me of this problem...

You WILL get this error SIMPLY because when you select ALL files under an ALBUM to edit tags, it errors out on the JPG file (album artwork). You cannot edit tags in the Artwork JPG. REMEMBER to DEselect the JPG file at the bottom of any ALBUM file list you are attempting to edit tags on.

Hope this helps others -- and maybe I will remember this error NEXT TIME ??t

[think it is time for a brew, cheers ! ]

RKK (and better half)
    Last edited by rkk; 12-19-2017 at 08:32 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: db error message: "Unable to write ID tags for..."

@rkk It's good that you found the answer. I just wanted to point out that you could have some odd issues if you're simultaneously running ESET and McAfee software. Antivirus/antimalware applications aren't always accommodating to one another.