title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset won't see some folders/files? HELP

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset won't see some folders/files? HELP

Your other thread is 100% about file permissions, the program an either write to a location or not, there is no setting in the program to change, anything which stops dBpoweramp writing to a location is external to dBpoweramp.

I think both issues are related.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• TheFrenchCdn
      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
      Your other thread is 100% about file permissions, the program an either write to a location or not, there is no setting in the program to change, anything which stops dBpoweramp writing to a location is external to dBpoweramp.

I think both issues are related.
      I think you're absolutely right - I'll post an update once I get the permission issue sorted out.

Thanks for your patience so far!
      TFC

Comment

• TheFrenchCdn
        • Jan 2014

Success!

The secret was to have "Everyone" listed under "Group or user names:" in Windows 7, for the folders in question.

Previously, for some reason, these folders were attributed to my wife's account, which meant Asset was trying to access folders and FLAC/MP3 files it didn't have proper permission to, since I was running it as a service (due to multiple user accounts being present on this particular computer).

It's once again working properly & I'm a happy camper.

Thanks for your help with this, much appreciated!
        TFC

Comment

Working...

]]>