title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Tracks appearing with "Error" during rip "Rerip Frames"

Question Tracks appearing with "Error" during rip "Rerip Frames"

With some of the tracks I've been ripping to mp3 (lame), I receive errors to which dBpoweramp tries to re-rip the frames.

I've tried cleaning the disc, rebooting my machine and ripping again. However I encounter the same errors on the exact same tracks.

Are there any other methods I can use to fix this problem?

Even though the tracks fail and automatically start to "re-rip frames", the mp3's end up being ripped to my computer and seem to play fine! :smile2:

However.... Are there any problems "settling" with these failed re-rip frame tracks?

Administrator

Re: Tracks appearing with "Error" during rip "Rerip Frames"

Errors are most likely small and interpolated to silence, if you have cleaned the CD there is little more you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Errors are most likely small and interpolated to silence, if you have cleaned the CD there is little more you can do.
    How exactly do these errors affect the track rip Spoon?

Also comparing a track with errors and one without errors.

Administrator

There are parts of audio missing, it could be 10 samples, or more, or less. AccurateRip is about getting a 100% correct rip, even having 1 sample out of location is an error.

dBpoweramp Guru

I have tracks ripped with ERROR, but in careful listening I hear no problems. As spoon says, even 1 sample wrong (which would not be audible) will show ERROR.