title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Just Purchased DBPowerAmp and it si not working properly

Angry Just Purchased DBPowerAmp and it si not working properly

I used the trial for 10 days and it worked great so I decided to purchase it and right after I purchased it, it has given me nothing but trouble and a lot of frustration. What is wrong and how can I correct it?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Re: Just Purchased DBPowerAmp and it si not working properly

What type of issues are you having?

Before I purchased all cd's I ripped worked perfectly through the rip process now I keep getting errors and "incorrect" on 90% of the cd's I try.

Sorry the correct word was "inaccurate". In most cases it is 2 to 4 songs on a cd that come up with this error message.

Administrator

If you have enabled 'c2 pointers' on the secure ripping options page, then disable it.

Try opening dBpoweramp CD Ripper, open options, scroll down towards the bottom to Sample Offset, and click Reset to Zero. Insert a disc in the AccurateRip and configure your drive for AccurateRip once again. See if that'll help you. If not, I'll step out and we can see if anyone else has a suggestion for you.

It is not enabled. I basically left everything as the default that came with the software.

Sounds good crawler9. I will give it a try right away and let you know.

If you haven't made any changes, you may also want to double check that your ripping method is set to secure, rather than burst. I don't know which of those is the default. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the idea behind burst mode is that not everyone cares about perfect rips; some people just want a decent sounding quick rip which burst mode will deliver. Secure rip will rerip if the first pass doesn't match the AccurateRip CRC. It rips a single time, and if everything matches the AccurateRip CRC matches, it will accept the file as is. If not, it will rerip the track (I'm not sure if it rerips just the frames that don't match or the entire track) in an attempt to make sure everything matches up. If only some of your tracks are matching up, it sounds likely that your drive IS AccurateRip configured, but there is no error correction taking place.

So far so good today. I set it at secure rip and it takes a little longer but at lest the cds are ripping. Thank you very much crawler9 for your ideas and quick responses to my need.

Spoon - are you a technician at dbPowerAmp?

Bill

Administrator

You could say that yes.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You could say that yes.
    And following an old American saying about small business owners, he's the "chief cook and bottle washer" too.