title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Failing to "After Encoding Verify Written Audio"

dBpoweramp Guru

Failing to "After Encoding Verify Written Audio"

Its rare, but I have had a few tracks that, when encoding to FLAC, despite having the option to "After Encoding Verify Written Audio" have not worked.

There needs to be something more robust to be sure that the audio is there after the disc has been ripped. Especially when the log says everything went well...

Administrator

Re: Failing to "After Encoding Verify Written Audio"

More robust how? there is this option to verify it.

dBpoweramp Guru

Well, its clearly not working if the log says the rip is fine and the audio is not there. Like I said, very rare, but it should never happen.

Not the point of bringing this up, but running CTDB at the end of the rip of an entire CD would be an additional check on the validity of the entire rip (as well as the other benefits if repair functionality were implemented).
    Last edited by EliC; 01-18-2014 at 11:16 AM.

Administrator

The error is between compression >> and HDD, this is nothing to do with the ripping side, it is a corruption of the FLAC file.

dBpoweramp Guru

So the music is ripped, compressed and verified in RAM, then written to disc? There is no verification of the actual written file?

It would be nice if the software would check this while I am sitting there with the disc as opposed to discovering it later. So an option to in some way verify all the flac files on the disc at the end of the rip would be great.

Administrator

Beacuse the OS caches the disk data and there is no way I know to invalidate this hdd disk cache. If you reboot the computer then check the files you will find if ok.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by EliC View Post
    So the music is ripped, compressed and verified in RAM, then written to disc? There is no verification of the actual written file?

It would be nice if the software would check this while I am sitting there with the disc as opposed to discovering it later. So an option to in some way verify all the flac files on the disc at the end of the rip would be great.
    would be nice. I've taken to running "verify integrity" with foobar2000 on all the disks I rip when I'm done with a ripping session (or could use dbpa "convert to TEST")