title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Meridian Plug-in Prevents Ripping First Track

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • befuddled
    • Jan 2014

Meridian Plug-in Prevents Ripping First Track

Hello all,
    I, along with others on the meridianunplugged forum, have come up against a little problem that has just reared its head. With the Write Meridian XML File plug-in engaged, dBpoweramp refuses to rip the first track of any disc in any drive. With it removed, it rips fine. Anyone have any idea what's going on here, and why it has decided to manifest itself now?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Meridian Plug-in Prevents Ripping First Track

Does an error message show? or the ripping freezes?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• befuddled
      • Jan 2014

Thanks for your response.
      The ripping doesn't freeze; it just gives up on the first track after about four seconds and then rips the rest of the disc just fine. It doesn't matter which disc or which drive. If I disable the plug-in, they rip just fine; re-enable the plug-in and back to the same problem.
      The error message for a sample disc is as follows:
      Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'J:\Ripped Music\Johnny Cash\American IV; The Man Comes Around\01 Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around.FLAC'
      Retrieving metadata from AMG failed! [clDSP::RetrieveMetadataFromAMG]

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'J:\Ripped Music\Johnny Cash\American IV; The Man Comes Around\01 Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around.FLAC'
      Track 1: Ripped LBA 0 to 20005 (4:26) in 0:00. Filename: J:\Ripped Music\Johnny Cash\American IV; The Man Comes Around\01 Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around.FLAC
      [Pass 1]
      CRC32: 994A75DA AccurateRip CRC: 00000000 [DiscID: 015-001dc311-014c9a2c-eb0c330f-1]
      I've followed various suggestions, such as increasing spin-up time and recalibrating the drives for AccurateRip, but the problem remains unchanged.
      Last edited by befuddled; 01-17-2014, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

>Retrieving metadata from AMG failed!

This is likely the issue, do you have any firewall on the system?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• befuddled
          • Jan 2014

I do. Just the regular Win8 one. I thought I might have seen where you were going with this, so I added dBpoweramp CD Ripper as a new allowed app and gave it public and private permissions. No dice (though admittedly I am now making decisions above my pay grade). Are there other programs in the package you think I should be giving permissions to?
          Last edited by befuddled; 01-17-2014, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• altusliceor
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Spoon
            >Retrieving metadata from AMG failed!

This is likely the issue, do you have any firewall on the system?
            Dear Spoon

I also have the same problem - it was working fine until Thursday 16th January as I had ripped over 300CDs without any issues in the week or so beforehand. Nothing has changed with my setup over this period which makes me wonder if something changed slightly at the AMG end, which caused the plug-in to fail to interrogate the database correctly, resulting in the AMG pop up box not being presented and the first track of all albums not being ripped. It doesn't appear to be a firewall problem. I am pretty sure this is a universal problem with the plug-in. Any help much appreciated - even confirmation that you have re-created the problem by trying a rip with the Meridian XML plug in would be helpful.

Best regards

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

We have asked Meridian for confirmation of an item, lets see what they say.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wing
                • Dec 2009

Any news? The problem has persisted. I have emailed Meridian but have got no responses yet.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

We have go not response from Meridian either.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>