title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch Converting files to new location but same organization

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • firstlanding
    • Jun 2012

Batch Converting files to new location but same organization

I have a large number of WAV files organized by artist folder > album > title. I want to convert to them FLAC and send the new files to a different hard drive location keeping the same organization. What is the setting(s) I need to do so?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Batch Converting files to new location but same organization

Use dynamic naming as:

[origpath]\[origfilename]

and set the output to as the new drive.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• firstlanding
      • Jun 2012

I had already done this and it does not work. I am going from the folder 'Charles WAV from CD' on one drive to a folder named '_file' on my NAS drive.
      What happens is this - the newly converted FLAC files come into a new folder within '_file' folder. This new folder is named 'Charles WAV from CD'. And all the music files from the various artist & album folders are now grouped together within this one folder. So then I have to manually create new artist & album folders and move the selected FLAC files into each folder.
      If this is confusing to understand with words I can send you screen pics - just tell me how.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You have dynamic naming selected?

Click the list / rename button after you set this option, it will list the destination files and the source files with complete folders, the folders should match from source to destination.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• firstlanding
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Spoon
          You have dynamic naming selected?

Click the list / rename button after you set this option, it will list the destination files and the source files with complete folders, the folders should match from source to destination.
          does not help.
          I have had dynamic naming selected. For the Ry Cooder-Crossroads folder within this source folder E:\CHARLES WAV from CDs\Ry Cooder
          this is what list/name shows for one track only:
          destination file: \\Ls420d679\music\CHARLES FLAC\_ file\CHARLES WAV from CDs\Ry Cooder - Crossroads01. Crossroads
          source file:E:\CHARLES WAV from CDs\Ry Cooder - Crossroads01. Crossroads

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

>a large number of WAV files organized by artist folder > album > title.

>source file:E:\CHARLES WAV from CDs\Ry Cooder - Crossroads01. Crossroads

There is no artist >> album >> title there, dBpoweramp can only preserve what is there, if you have ID Tags in the wave files you can set to:

[artist]\[album]\[title]
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>