title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP server on a PC with audio tracks on a NAS

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dusan-fr
    • Jan 2014

Asset UPnP server on a PC with audio tracks on a NAS

Hello,

I am new on your forum and english is not my mother language so please excuse me for eventual errors and weird formulations.

I am using Asset UPnP server installed on my PC with audio tracks on a LaCie NAS. The NAS has 1 To disk. On the PC (Vista) the audio tracks are on the network disk mapped to Z in the directory "Z:\Musique" . All tracks were ripped with the dbPoweramp software as FLAC files with the zip level 8. As the DLNA renderer, I use the Bubbleupnp client on Samsug Galaxy 2 (Android).

I switched off the DLNA Server on LaCie in order to use just the Asset UPnP server.

Randomly and after a short period of use, let say 5 – 10 min , the directory Z:\Musique becomes not accessible even if a track is played or downloaded by Bubbleupnp : the playback or download just stops. On the PC as well, all directories on the NAS become not accessible and on the administration window Asset UPnP server displays 0 tracks in the library - rescanning the library does not change anything. The error message in the Widows Explorer indicates something like “ … the drive Z is already in use …”. I need to reboot the NAS in order to correct the problem and get things back to function until the same problem repeats.

Do you have any suggestion to correct this?

Thank you in advance.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset UPnP server on a PC with audio tracks on a NAS

Not sure, if the share was stable you would be able to browse it any time through explorer.

Does LaCie have a forum? or support?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dusan-fr
      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
      Not sure, if the share was stable you would be able to browse it any time through explorer.

Does LaCie have a forum? or support?
      Well, LaCie is stable if the DLNA streaming is not used. I have used LaCie since couple of years without any problem for regluar file operations. I experience the problem only if I play tracks.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

NAS should not disappear, it will either be the NAS, your Computer, or your Network. It cannot be Asset because there are no settings, asset simply lists the files and opens them to serve.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>