title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Add another column

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Add another column

It would be nice to have an extra column which is for notes or comments on the particular song. Just one more editable column with the Title, Genre, Artist, and all that stuff would be great, so that way I can write particular comments or information regarding the song.
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Add another column

that's a great idea. not sure how it would be implemented though. but yes a user note window to type extra info on a file would be great.

Comment

• kingsmob77
      • Jun 2004

It seems to me that there would be two ways of doing this.

1. It could be a new field in the ID3 Tag. That way the comment would "stick" to the file in multipme music collections.

2. It could be added is info in the .mmc file. Then if you created multiple music collections, you could have a different comment for each collection.

Cheers,
      Kingsmob77

Comment

• Razgo
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

i think this was already added? as i see a comment field in the it tags now, and also a comment field in dmc cd audio input.

tooo long ago for me to remember

Comment

• kingsmob77
          • Jun 2004

Perhaps I misunderstood the request. I thought the request was for a new column in MMC specifically for comments. If this has been implemented, I'm not seeing it.

However, I have been known to be a total jackass.

Comment

• Razgo
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

no your right i thought i was in another thread so no its not there yet.

Comment

• donny
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Oct 2002

hmm... this would require changing the format of the mmc files, which would make us lose all of the old collections in the new version of dap... or eventually we would have to convert files or something like that... but on the other hand it would also mean increasing the size of the files... lets say we add 255 chars comment (I guess that would be enough) this would be 255 bytes times the number of songs larger files. now you'll say on 1024 files it's only 255 kb, but it can also slow down the loading of the mmc...

I don't know I'm not sure

Comment

• ToolNut
                • Jan 2003

Couldnt someone create a converter for this file change. i mean make all the data the same but with extra fields that the converter fills in and onverts to a ".mmc2" file and leave the new fields free to costomize

Comment

• wasentme501

cowboy

Originally posted by Unregistered
                  It would be nice to have an extra column which is for notes or comments on the particular song. Just one more editable column with the Title, Genre, Artist, and all that stuff would be great, so that way I can write particular comments or information regarding the song.

Comment

Working...

]]>