title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset doesn't see external hard drive

Asset doesn't see external hard drive

I've got some music on an external hard drive attached to a computer on the home network. The files can be seen on the network from other machines so have access set up properly
    I have set up Asset to point to these files from the Edit tab by adding the hard drive as a source, and because that didn't work then adding one of the folders within it. No success
    The files don't show in asset Control
    What am I doing wrong? Or is Asset unable to point to external drives?

Many thanks

Administrator

Re: Asset doesn't see external hard drive

Try triggering a rescan after adding the main drive to Asset (you have added to the library section?)

Thanks for the suggestions. No success and yes I had added the drive to the library. I'll have to think of another way round unless there is something else I've missed. Just one thing; I've got 57419 files; the rescan stops at 57402 for some reason. Related or just spurious?

Administrator

These 57K files are on the new drive? it suggests they are being scanned, you can enable debug mode in Asset and trigger a full scan, any errors would be logged in the log.

Thanks for the help. Full reboot of Asset and the drives has done the trick. Now working smoothly