title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset shows wrong folder titles

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tregs
    • Dec 2013

Asset shows wrong folder titles

My music - mainly classical - is arranged in Folders. The usual Artist - Album arrangements for pop muisc don't really work for me

Asset is not showing the Folders properly. For example, if I have a folder "Bach - Brandenburg Concertos; Savall" will just show as Bach and anything after the space is missing. No good when you have multiple versions odf the same music. If I rename the folder "Bach-Brandenburg Concertos; Savall" it seems to show all right.

Other Upnp servers - Minim, Twonky - don't have that issue. is there a setting somewhere I have wrong? I don't want to re-label 5000+ CDs and I prefer Asset to Minim and Twonky but for the moment it is unusable

Many thanks

Tregs
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset shows wrong folder titles

I am thinking this is related to the Control Point used, if you have a PC try Asset Control which is in the testing section of this forum (to see if the names are shown correctly).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Tregs
      • Dec 2013

Thanks for the immediate response.

I could not find the Testing section so haven't run that. What I have done is rename a few folders as a test. If I rename from "foldername - subname" to "foldername -subname" or "foldername- subname" ie attach the dash to a letter and not a space either side then it shows up. Without renaming 5000+ folders is there any way around this?

Many thanks

Tregs

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Install this on your Windows PC:

Asset Control (a UPnP / DLNA control point) is billed as the control point you have been waiting for . In UPnP there are: Server / Control Point / Renderer, where the Server catalogues tracks, Control Point creates playlists from the Server and controls the Renderer (player), all 3 elements of UPnP could reside on the same

Then see how it browses Asset folders.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Tregs
          • Dec 2013

Workaround

Replace " - " with " ~ " and now everything shows up. Bulk Rename Utility does this quite quickly

Bug with "-" ?

Maybe helpful for those who encounter a similar problem

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Just tested a folder 'a - b; c' on Asset 4.1 and it displays correctly (using Asset Control).
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Tregs
              • Dec 2013

Yep. Both methods work

Many thanks for your help

Comment

Working...

]]>