title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

duplicate files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • naim
    • Dec 2013

duplicate files

Hi
    I'm getting multiple instances of some music files and would love to find out how to correct this. I've followed the instructions to run the uMediaLibrary-dumpdb program and this has not answered my concerns.
    I'm using a Seagate NAS to store the music and this is direct wired to a Naim Uniti2, which in turn is controlled by an iPad. Asset UPnP is loaded on my laptop. The only audio library I'm linking asset to is that on the NAS. The Seagate cannot recognise AIFF files so I have batch converted these to WAV and have kept the original AIFF copies in the same folders as the new WAV files (there are just too many to go through and delete out). In Asset UPnP Configuration: Advanced Settings, I've selected Exclude AIFF just to be sure. However some albums that were originally in AIFF are showing up with songs listed twice in Asset on the iPad and other albums that have been similarly converted are only showing up once. It seems a bit random. Ive searched the music library to ensure the music is not saved anywhere else randomly to cause a duplication. I've also tried restarting Asset several times and refreshing the cache on the nstream (Naim's app). No luck so far. Any clues?
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: duplicate files

Originally posted by naim
    Hi
    I'm getting multiple instances of some music files and would love to find out how to correct this. I've followed the instructions to run the uMediaLibrary-dumpdb program and this has not answered my concerns.
    I'm using a Seagate NAS to store the music and this is direct wired to a Naim Uniti2, which in turn is controlled by an iPad. Asset UPnP is loaded on my laptop. The only audio library I'm linking asset to is that on the NAS. The Seagate cannot recognise AIFF files so I have batch converted these to WAV and have kept the original AIFF copies in the same folders as the new WAV files (there are just too many to go through and delete out). In Asset UPnP Configuration: Advanced Settings, I've selected Exclude AIFF just to be sure. However some albums that were originally in AIFF are showing up with songs listed twice in Asset on the iPad and other albums that have been similarly converted are only showing up once. It seems a bit random. Ive searched the music library to ensure the music is not saved anywhere else randomly to cause a duplication. I've also tried restarting Asset several times and refreshing the cache on the nstream (Naim's app). No luck so far. Any clues?
    re moving AIFF out of folder automatically. Why not point mp3tag at the parent directory, filter on AIFF files, then select all these, select CONVERT menu, then "tag to filename" then use the mapping language there to automatically move all these AIFF files to a different parent directory, while retaining the same artist/album etc. directory structure. Works very nicely. I use it for batch reorganizing of files/directories all the time.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: duplicate files

It might have already scanned some before you filtered, so do a 'Refresh All' rescan.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>