title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Title/track name order in playlist

Title/track name order in playlist

Hi all,

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I can't seem to find a way of changing the order in which tracks and artists are shown when browsing a playlist on my Denon. It always seems to show the tracks as Artist - Title.

I've fiddled with the values in the playlist itself (its in M3UExt format), and checked the "track-artist" option in Asset config, but browsing still shows them all with the artist first. What am I missing?

Cheers

Dave

Administrator

Re: Title/track name order in playlist

The order they appear should be the order they are in the playlist.

Sorry, bad post. The order that the tracks are presented does match the playlist, but what I meant was that for a given track, my Denon displays the titles as "Artist - Track Title". Since the Denon doesn't have a particularly wide display I can't normally see the track title until the display starts to scroll horizontally.

What I want to do is switch the *display* order so I see "Track Title - Artist". I've messed about with as many settings as I think might be relevant (including changing the *EXTINF details), but the display always lists the artist first.

dBpoweramp Guru

I think this is a Denon issue. Contact Denon for a possible solution.

Administrator

You would want to uncheck the '[title] - [artist] for Title listing' and '[artist] - [title] for Various Artist album tracks' option. You have done this?

All sorted now - was using iTunes Export to output the playlists - this was putting the Artist-Title in the *EXTINF tag. The edits I had done were not picked up until I did a "refresh all".

Then noticed that exporting the playlist directly from iTunes (as an M3U) put the track title before the artist, so happy days!

Many thanks for your help