title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: FLAC tag / vorbis comment editing

FLAC tag / vorbis comment editing

I've been using dBpoweramp to rip my CD collection to FLAC for just over a year, but have recently found I need to change the DATE tag details on a number of the FLAC files.

Looking around I see that I can select a group of files and right-click, select Edit ID-Tag and change the details as needed. My questions are by using this method is there any risk of change or curruption to the actual music content within the file? Is the whole file rewritten or just a part of the file changed and the rest left untouched?

I apprecite this is probably a tag editing 101 question but would be grateful for any help.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: FLAC tag / vorbis comment editing

Quote Originally Posted by MadCat View Post
    I've been using dBpoweramp to rip my CD collection to FLAC for just over a year, but have recently found I need to change the DATE tag details on a number of the FLAC files.

Looking around I see that I can select a group of files and right-click, select Edit ID-Tag and change the details as needed. My questions are by using this method is there any risk of change or curruption to the actual music content within the file? Is the whole file rewritten or just a part of the file changed and the rest left untouched?

I apprecite this is probably a tag editing 101 question but would be grateful for any help.

The audio is left untouched. Files can always be corrupted (even just sitting unused on your harddrive), but there is nothing about the tag editing that is changing the bit perfect nature of the original rip of the audio portion of your files.

Re: FLAC tag / vorbis comment editing

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    The audio is left untouched. Files can always be corrupted (even just sitting unused on your harddrive), but there is nothing about the tag editing that is changing the bit perfect nature of the original rip of the audio portion of your files.
    Thanks for the quick response garym :smile2: