title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: Cd ripper gives Error and does not rip CD

Lightbulb Cd ripper gives Error and does not rip CD

I have recently purchased the software and successfully ripped about 400 CDs

Today I cannot rip more than 1 without getting Error, even though the track and artwork information comes up, and only by restarting my machine can I rip the next CD. I have reinstalled the s/w, added an addition USB CD drive but nothing lets me rip more than 1 without restarting.

I am running Win 8 on an HP laptop

Help please

A frustrated Old Codger!

Administrator

Re: Cd ripper gives Error and does not rip CD

What error message is shown?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    What error message is shown?
    Where it normally reads Pass 1 it reads Error

Quote Originally Posted by Old Codger View Post
    Where it normally reads Pass 1 it reads Error
    As with all gremlins, this one is inconsistent. I noticed if I left it for a while, to answer the phone or to have lunch, it worked without rebooting. So by allowing 10 seconds between each mouse click, I have managed to rip 5 without incident. I propose to continue in this manner unless someone knows a quicker method

Will report back if another problem arises

I cannot rip any cds now with dbpoweramp. It gives all errors (even with cds I've ripped successfully before). And I can rip the same cd with another program such as iTunes. So it's something with dbpoweramp. Here is the error info I get for each track.

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 1' to 'K:\WAV ripped cdz\Felix Mendelssohn\Mendelssohn Symphony No. 3 and 4\01 Philharmonia Orchestra, Jano Sandor - Symphony No. 4 in A major ('Italian'), Op. 90; Allegro vivace.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'K:\ripCDZ WAV\ALL\Felix Mendelssohn\Mendelssohn Symphony No. 3 and 4\01-Symphony No. 4 in A major ('Italian'), Op. 90; Allegro vivace.wav' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'K:\ripCDZ MP3s\ALL\Felix Mendelssohn\Mendelssohn Symphony No. 3 and 4\01-Symphony No. 4 in A major ('Italian'), Op. 90; Allegro vivace.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    Apple Lossless: Error unable to open File 'K:\ripCDZ AppleLossless\ALL\Felix Mendelssohn\Mendelssohn Symphony No. 3 and 4\01-Symphony No. 4 in A major ('Italian'), Op. 90; Allegro vivace.m4a' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

thanks for any help!!

PS I've used dbpoweram with success on dozens of albums. Even after I added two more cd readers, so three working at once, I had success for several sets of cds. Then it suddenly started giving these errors.
    Last edited by dtclarinet; 12-11-2013 at 10:32 AM.

When yotu rip using itunes is it to the same location? It looks like something is blocking the rippers access to that location.

Administrator

Yes is drive K: a network share, browse to it with Windows File Explorer, if a password input box is shown, type the password and check the option [x] Remember