title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Album art keeps deleting itself.

Thumbs up Album art keeps deleting itself.

Hi all, I've been having this issue since I installed dBpoweramp, I add an album artwork(.jpg picture) to an album, click ok but when I go back in the dB tagging menu it has disappeared. The only solution I have found is to convert the whole album into mp3 (format in which it already is) so the artwork is kept in memory.

It only happens to about 40% of my albums but it's really a pain in the ass to convert them all just for the artwork. Haven't found anything on the forum about this issue.

Thank you!

Re: Album art keeps deleting itself.

* I'm using windows XP.

Administrator

It is possible that dBpoweramp is prevented from writing the art, do you have security software? check that the files are not read only and there is permission to write them (if on a network share, it might be a read only share).

Negative sir, am not on a network share and I checked if the files were blocked... they are not...

Administrator

Have security software, sometimes it can put a program in a sandbox so it cannot access anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Have security software, sometimes it can put a program in a sandbox so it cannot access anything.
    Well as I said it only happens to about 40% of my music so the program itself is not denied total access, I don't see why it wouldn't acces some mp3s when it can access others. I checked my AVG as well and I can guarantee it's not the source of the problem...

Administrator

Which version of dbpoweramp do you have?

As a test try to disable the AVG.

Yeah I already did the AVG disabling thing, I'm using V 14.4 beta.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Timotonx View Post
    Hi all, I've been having this issue since I installed dBpoweramp, I add an album artwork(.jpg picture) to an album, click ok but when I go back in the dB tagging menu it has disappeared. The only solution I have found is to convert the whole album into mp3 (format in which it already is) so the artwork is kept in memory.

It only happens to about 40% of my albums but it's really a pain in the ass to convert them all just for the artwork. Haven't found anything on the forum about this issue.

Thank you!
    Are you talking about selecting artwork prior to ripping and then it's not saved in/with the ripped files?

No ripping involved, just trying to make a simple tag edit.

* I'd like to add that I can change all the other info, it won't delete itself, but the artwork will.
    Last edited by Timotonx; 12-11-2013 at 09:25 PM.

Administrator

By delete you mean gone completely or replaced with something else?

Just gone.

Administrator

Please email one mp3 file:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

and an album art you are trying to apply to this file.

Administrator

The issue is, these mp3 files have id3v1 tags, the tag editor does not change the tag type on tag edit and id3 v1 cannot store album art.

To get past this you can convert the effected files to the utility codec 'ID Tag Update' it will update to id3v2.3 which can store art.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The issue is, these mp3 files have id3v1 tags, the tag editor does not change the tag type on tag edit and id3 v1 cannot store album art.

To get past this you can convert the effected files to the utility codec 'ID Tag Update' it will update to id3v2.3 which can store art.
    Awesome, I just tried this and the converting time is much shorter than converting the whole thing into mp3... it would be nice to include an automatic tag type change when adding artwork to id3v1 tag files.

Thanks for your time and help my friend!