title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DMR protected WMA to MP3

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Markman XP

DMR protected WMA to MP3

As a long time user of MusicMatch I recently started downloading / buying songs from their service. THe songs are WMA and protected my DMR. Now Itunes for Windows has come out and I wanted to be able to put these files in ITUNES. Itunes doesn't support WMA as far as I know so I wanted to convert them to MP3. dBPowerAMP Music Converter appears it won't convert these because they are protected (thanks RIAA). I first found a program AEDTools my MeidaTwins. Thing is they want $29 to register it. Currently it does convert my WMA DMR Protected unregistered but only converts 1/2 the song. I don't have a boatload of songs to convert and don't want to therefore spend $29. So what doesn't DBPowerAmp support this while another company does! There are legit people out there that need to convert music they purchased! IF I have to I guess I dig out my wallet an dpay someone for software that does unless someone has other ideas to share.
  • RossRoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2003

Re: DMR protected WMA to MP3

Why not just burn a copy of the purchased songs to a CD-RW and re-rip them to MP3 afterward? You can then delete de CD-RW and repeat the process for other songs. Free and easy!

Comment

• RossRoy
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2003

Oh and I'm guessing part of the reason dBPowerAmp doesn't support DRM encoded WMA files to be read is because the licence probably costs a lot of money, and dBPowerAmp being free, supporting DRM is not a viable solution.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by RossRoy
        Oh and I'm guessing part of the reason dBPowerAmp doesn't support DRM encoded WMA files to be read is because the licence probably costs a lot of money, and dBPowerAmp being free, supporting DRM is not a viable solution.

Thanks for the ideas. So you are saying the other software actually had to get some license to allow this? That makes sense.

Comment

• RossRoy
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2003

Well if Microsoft wants to keep credibility in the face of the RIAA with DRM, they have to charge a fee for the licence and not give it to everyone, but like I said, that's just a guess that makes sense to me, maybe I'm way off track, I just think that's how it must work.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Realistically Microsoft wouldn't agree to any program that by-passes its DRM, otherwise what is the point of DRM?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• 2o-l0u-o6
              • Jul 2006

I've also found this extremely difficult to find any sites that would convert protected files because I downloaded some music of the tesco website and it was DMR Protected and a WMA format. I have a samsung d600 and couldn't get the music onto my phone! :vmad: But I think the best bet is to just search in google DMR Protected Music Converters !!

Comment

• ChristinaS
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2004

Old thread.

You can use dMC Auxiliary Input and re-record your DMR protected file to an unprotected format and that's that.

Thread closed.

Comment

Working...

]]>