title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Streaming Flac (from Qobuz) to Naim

Streaming Flac (from Qobuz) to Naim

Hello,

I have the following problem. I am using Asset UPNP and wasapi to stream HiRes Music from Qobuz (FLAC) to my Naim via wireless.

All this works well, the problem I have is that the music is not delivered as Flac to the player but seems to be reencoded to 320kb MP3. I was wondering whether there is a setting in Asset which needs to be changed so that the audio stream is not reencoded but delivered as it is?

thanks and best wishes,

Seb.

Administrator

Re: Streaming Flac (from Qobuz) to Naim

There is an option on the configuration page, WASAPI will be listed as one of the file types, set this to WAV.

OK thanks will do so. will it the stream to the Naim in full i.e. high resolution?

all best, seb.

Hello,

this seems to work now though the connection between asset and Naim seems to get lost after a couple of minutes (2-5). A problem that never occured before.

is there any other setting(s) one needs to look into?

Computer is completely wireless i.e. wireless to router and wireless to naim.

thanks again.

Sebastian
    Last edited by 2258025; 12-09-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Administrator

Check you are not using wifi for any of the components, because wifi often cannot stream uncompressed wave.

well the Computer is completely wireless i.e. wireless to router and wireless to naim. music is fine standalone ie just received and not streamed to naim.

Administrator

FLAC is 50% the size of wave, however it is not possible to live stream flac (without knowing the full file, it is possible to put in an ogg container, but nothing will play that), so wave is used which is twice the size and will cause breakups when streamed over wifi.

So the best would be to have a wired connection either between Router and PC or PC and player? which would be better?