title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: What happens when you come across a CD that won't rip?

What happens when you come across a CD that won't rip?

I've been using dbPoweramp's CD ripper for quite a while and it works very well 99.9% of the time but recently I came across a couple of CD's that will not rip even though the CD's are physically in pristine condition and AccurateRip indicates that the CD is present in its database.

They are both Fleetwood Mac records.

Fleetwood Mac (1976 recording re-released and remastered in 2004 with 5 bonus tracks)
    Tusk (1979 recording re-released and remastered in 2004 with a 2nd disc of bonus material)

When I attempt to rip the CD it runs through 2 passes and then 3 more secure passes after which I get a message under Rip Status that says "Re-Rip [12592 frames]". The timer keeps running but nothing is happening. When I cancel the rip and try again I get the following message:

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'E:\Music\CD Rips\Fleetwood Mac\Fleetwood Mac (Extended)\01 - Monday Morning.flac'
    Track 1: ERROR Ripping LBA 0 to 12672 (2:48) in 2:14. Filename: E:\Music\CD Rips\Fleetwood Mac\Fleetwood Mac (Extended)\01 - Monday Morning.flac

As I mentioned before the CD's are in perfect condition and play perfectly on my CD player.

Has anybody come across a situation like this? What might the problem be and are there any suggestions on how to rip these discs.

Thank you.

Re: What happens when you come across a CD that won't rip?

I have had that happen to me on an Eddie Money CD. dBpoweramp just wouldn't rip it. Tried ripping it with EAC instead and seemed to work, then just converted it to the format I wanted and edited my tags.

I used to use EAC pretty religiously then decided to buy dBpoweramp because of all the different formats it could do, as well as all the tagging/metadata work, that EAC couldn't do.

I find if one can't rip it, the other probably will.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

The first rule about ripping CDs is to have a second ripping drive at your disposal. I would submit that 99% of all ripping problems are solved simply by trying a different drive.

I did try ripping with EAC as well but no joy. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Thank you eaglescout1998. It worked fine on my laptop. Thanks for the tip, I should have thought of that myself. Cheers.