title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: Ripping from a CloneCD image

Ripping from a CloneCD image

Hello! I'm having a problem with the results when ripping from images. I rip all my CD's to ccd as an backup of the original CD and when I rip from them with "CD Ripper" some tracks end up with several small silent parts as if I was playing a scratched CD. The confusing part here is that this doesn't happen when I play the image directly in VLC or ripping it using WMP. I have also tried EAC and Foobar2000 with the same errors. All CD's I've copied(ccd) are brand new and I've never played them before ripping them. Does anyone here have a clue to what could be the cause of this. I appreciate any comments that could point me to an solution.

Roger.

Administrator

Re: Ripping from a CloneCD image

You can try setting CD Ripper >> Options >> Communication to Windows Internal

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You can try setting CD Ripper >> Options >> Communication to Windows Internal
    I tried this but it didn't help. I tried the other options as well but they all gave me the same results. I also tried to rip with another cd-rom drive, and again I got the exact same results.

Update 1: First I thought this was a problem when ripping from an ccd image but it is not. I get the exact same same results when ripping from the CD. Accurate Rip says it is a good copy (10) (2 in total) but this can not be true. The audio stutters like **** on some of the tracks.

Update 2: Stuttering does not happen when ripping to wav.
    Last edited by rogerjac; 12-15-2013 at 01:30 AM.

so what format were you originally ripping them to? Do they stutter after converting the wav files to the format you want?

Administrator

If accuraterip verifies then the audio is extracted correctly.

You can install PerfectTUNES to recheck the audio against accuraterip to make sure it is 100% ok.

Perhaps the stutter is in your player? Try different formats.

Originally I converted to flac. I'm going to install PerfectTunes and get back to you with results.

OK... this only apply to the flac encoder. I've encoded the same wav files with flac, wmaLL and apple LL, and flac is the only one that is flawed. So the big question is why?

BTW PerfectTUNES says the wavs was 100% good
    Last edited by rogerjac; 12-15-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Administrator

Check you have R14.4 of dBpoweramp, convert the FLACs to 'Test Conversion' if there is any decoding errors it would be shown on the test conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Check you have R14.4 of dBpoweramp, convert the FLACs to 'Test Conversion' if there is any decoding errors it would be shown on the test conversion.
    I have R14.4 and no error messages came up when converting the flac files.

Administrator

What happens if you encode the waves to flac, then run perfecttunes on it?

I don't know if I should laugh or cry but today I got an update-popup message from VLC which told me that 2.1.2 Rincewind had been released... and guess once what happened?

...anyway, thank you for trying to help. I appreciate it. Now I'm going to sit down, relax and listen to stutter free newly-ripped music :-) Merry Christmas everyone.

dBpoweramp Guru

interestingly enough, on a number of forums I hang out on, I've seen a flurry of "audio problem" posts in the last month or so that after much back and forth turn out to be an issue with VLC (and not the ripper, files, computer, network, etc.). I use VLC for video on my PC, but I'd never thought of using it as an audio streamer given the existence of better options (for audio). (I use foobar2000 as an audio streamer on my PC).