title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Track out of album order

Track out of album order

Hi
    I have just started using dBPowerAmp and I have encountered a problem which I'm sure there is a fix but can't find it.
    I have been ripping several of my CD's onto my WD MyLiveBookDuo and the CD's appear and play in album track order on my player except for on CD. With this CD the player displays and plays the 4th track first with the remaining tracks in correct order. I am playing classical music and having tracks out of order is a nonsense!
    The album tracks appear in the correct order in the shared folder of the WD MyLiveBookDuo.
    How can I fix this?
    Thanks JEM2

Administrator

Re: Track out of album order

The issue is with the UPnP server on your WD, see:

http://forums.naimaudio.com/topic/un...-numeric-order

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The issue is with the UPnP server on your WD, see:

http://forums.naimaudio.com/topic/un...-numeric-order
    Hi you have found me out! It's me in the Naim thread. I have got things working OK but I have had one CD I ripped where the 4th track came up first on the Naim player order of tracks. I deleted and re ripped with no change! So, I wondered if there was a feature in dBPowerAmp where by I could correct the problem on an individual track basis as part of the set up prior to ripping?

Thanks

JEM2

Administrator

It is likely to be a bug in the UPnP server which is partially working for some tracks and not others, dBpoweramp has no option in this instance, it writes tags correctly according to the specification.

All CD players play all CD's in track numeric order. So it must be possible to save an album ripped by "dBPowerAmp Ripper" so the album is played by the Naim player as if it is a CD i.e. in track numeric order. Given that 80% of the albums play in track numeric order, could you suggest any setting(s) {specification} I could try in dBPowerAmp when I rip a CD to improve the chance of getting all the albums to play in track numeric order by my Naim player please?

Administrator

By default albums are written with filenames with the track number as the first entry, and the files are correctly tagged with the track number in the tag, the server should use the track number from the tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    By default albums are written with filenames with the track number as the first entry, and the files are correctly tagged with the track number in the tag, the server should use the track number from the tag.
    Thanks Spoon. It's working well but for the occasional album which I can fix by breaking up the album into separate files. All the best JEM2.