title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Naming issues batch converter

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jankli
    • Nov 2013

Naming issues batch converter

Hi, I´m trying to programme the BC to convert fully tagged FLAC files to AIFF. No problems until the disc is a compilation. This is my script:

[IFCOMP][Various Artist]\[album][IFMULTI] - Disc [disc][]\[artist] - [album] - [track] [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI] - Disc [disc][]\[artist] - [album] - [track] - [title][]

I want the compilations to end up in the AIFF directory, in the folder Various Artist\Compilation Album name\Disc 1\filename.aiff

But the result is the files all go in artist folders i.e. Madonna\Compilation Album name\filename.aiff (in the AIFF directory), even though I have checked "Compilation" in the file tags using Tag&rename, so that the tags allways shall be correct once I start converting the files.

Could you please assist me on this,

Kind regards,

Jan
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Naming issues batch converter

Remove the brackets around "Various Artist" So the beginning of your script should be:

[IFCOMP]Various Artist\[album][IFMULTI] ....

Note my script. I'm doing the same thing as you (but call my compilation folder, "Compilations" instead of "Various Artist". Note that I don't have brackets around "Compilations"

[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album] [IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title]-[artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title][]
    Last edited by garym; 11-27-2013, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• jankli
      • Nov 2013

Thanks, that worked. Another issue came up with the "[IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\". Even though I have disc * 1 and 2 tagged, for example on a 2 disc set, the result is all files end up in the same directory, and no "Disc 1" or "Disc 2" directory is created. Any idea why this happens?

Kind regards,

Jan

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by jankli
        Thanks, that worked. Another issue came up with the "[IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\". Even though I have disc * 1 and 2 tagged, for example on a 2 disc set, the result is all files end up in the same directory, and no "Disc 1" or "Disc 2" directory is created. Any idea why this happens?

Kind regards,

Jan
        You don't have a "\" after [IFMULTI] to create a Disk subdirectory. I've fixed your statement below. This should work now.

[IFCOMP]Various Artist\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[artist] - [album] - [track] [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[artist] - [album] - [track] - [title][]

Comment

• jankli
          • Nov 2013

Thanks a lot but it still doesn´t work. I use the statement directly from your post but BC still doesn't create the disc-directories. I checked the tags in MP3 tag and in Tag&rename and there is values 01 resp 02 in the CD* field....

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

You need a disc count as well, so in cd ripper it would be 1/3 for disc
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
              You need a disc count as well, so in cd ripper it would be 1/3 for disc
              My string works when I'm ripping (so the ripper does know that I'm ripping 1/2, 2/2, etc.). But I don't save the total disk number field, so once ripped, I only have the disk number (1, 2, etc.). When I convert these FLAC files to something else (mp3) I use [trimfirstfolder][origpath]\[origfilename] type dynamic naming, so it automatically keeps the orginal structure, except puts it in x:\mp3 instead of x:\flac. I'm away from home, so I can't test using your string with AIFF conversion to see whether mine doesn't work without disktotal field. (but just in case, if your files are already in the structure you want and you just want an AIFF version, you should consider the "origpath" approach to dynamic naming.

Comment

Working...

]]>