title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Track Not Showing Tag Data

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Track Not Showing Tag Data

How do you edit before burning?

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5356/1p1j.png

Administrator

Re: Track Not Showing Tag Data

You would edit the tag before adding to CD Writer.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

See my screenshot: http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/3615/0jar.png and here http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/9240/klkf.png

I have a commercial CD in my H drive and blank CD in my F drive. You can see the tracks do not show tag data. I cannot edit to reflect artist and title either in the right pane or when I add them to the left side to be burned.
    Last edited by mrcd; 11-24-2013 at 03:05 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

OK, OK... I think I see the error of my ways. I was trying something new. I saw the ability in CD Ripper to rip to CD and I wanted to see how that worked. Unless I have misunderstood something the CD you want to rip from is ripped (you edit tag info in Ripper) and then the CD Writer is opened (presumably they work together) and from here you proceed to complete the process called "Rip to CD".

Does that about size it up?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Actually now that I have opened the new "ripped to cd" CD the tag info did not follow to my player (Foobar 2000) although the tag info appeared in CD Writer before writing commenced.

Any ideas on what's going on here or what I am doing wrong?

Administrator

CD Wrtier will not write CD-Text for audio cds.

dBpoweramp Guru

What are you trying to accomplish? Typically one rips a CD to digital files (using, for example, dbpa to rip to FLAC files). Then one uses the digital files in music players (such as foobar2000). If you already have the digital files ripped with dbpa (including metadata in tags), you can simply play these files in foobar2000. I'm confused as to why you'd want to take your ripped digital files (e.g., FLAC) then convert them BACK to audio files on a CD (that is readable via any regular CD player), and then rerip these same files in foobar2000. But perhaps I'm missing something?