title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Fool a Discmakers Pico to be an Acronova Dupliq?

Fool a Discmakers Pico to be an Acronova Dupliq?

Good afternoon!

I have a Discmakers Pico, and it seems like everything for it has been abandoned. Disc Forge on the duplicator acts wonky (spitting out "bad" burns, then it confuses itself and doesn't continue), and Disc Forge on the website won't run. It asks that it can't find a printer, and refuses to run in burning mode.

Acronova DupliQ looks to be identical (even so much so, that you can fool the drivers to work on Windows 7), but I haven't found a way to fool the software into thinking that it is a DupliQ.

The DupliQ has all the software I could ever want (mainly, integration in to ImgBurn).

Is there a way to make the Discmakers Pico (ID:
    %USB\VID_1717&PID_0101.DeviceDesc%=BREADUSB.Dev, USB\VID_1717&PID_0101) into thinking that it is a DupliQ?

Or at the very least, a better burning program than Disc Forge that is compatible?

Thank you,

Christian

Administrator

Re: Fool a Discmakers Pico to be an Acronova Dupliq?

We are not sure it can be fooled as our drivers use the DupliQ sdk.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

A bit of an old thread, but I was able to get the Pico to work as a robot ripper under Windows 7 64 bit using DBPoweramp. I modified the .inf from an Acronova Nimbie. I'm not sure you can get all the features you want however.

Quote Originally Posted by linkman View Post
    A bit of an old thread, but I was able to get the Pico to work as a robot ripper under Windows 7 64 bit using DBPoweramp. I modified the .inf from an Acronova Nimbie. I'm not sure you can get all the features you want however.
    Would you be able to post the steps you took to make this revision?

Have you then been able to get it to work with various ripping software. If so, which ones?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by PhiTauBill View Post
    Would you be able to post the steps you took to make this revision?

Have you then been able to get it to work with various ripping software. If so, which ones?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
    I haven't been able to get it to work with anything but Riptastic (using Windows XP) and DBPoweramp. Riptastic was specifically designed to use this model of ripper so that wasn't tough. I've tried QQripper without success.

I'll see later if I can find some of my notes on how I did it. I didn't take exhaustive notes but I think I still have the original and modified .inf files so we can see what changes were needed to do it.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

It took some doing, but I finally found the files I used to do the install (PC had been reimaged since then and I didn't install the software and drivers again). It looks like the only tinkering I had to do was with the .inf file. I downloaded the Acronova driver installer from Acronova's web site (Dupliq and Nimbie use the same download package). I modified the ACAL764.inf file so it contained the proper VID and PID for the device I was trying to use (in my case, the Diskmakers Pico).

I added the below to the appropriate sections:

[Acronova.NTx86]
    %USB\VID_1717&PID_0101.DeviceDesc%=BREADUSB.Dev_x8 6, USB\VID_1717&PID_0101

[Acronova.NTamd64]

%USB\VID_1717&PID_0101.DeviceDesc%=BREADUSB.Dev_x6 4, USB\VID_1717&PID_0101

[Strings]
    Acronova="Acronova Technology, Inc."
    MfgName="Disc Makers"
    USB\VID_1717&PID_0101.DeviceDesc="Pico"

If memory serves me right, the device after the install shows that it's an Acronova, but that's just a name. It worked just fine. I didn't have to do anything special with DBPoweramp once Windows recognized the device.

If you need me to email the .inf file to you, just PM me your email (or post it here if you don't mind some additional spam).

Thanks so much, linkman! Sending you a PM.