title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PerfecTUNES updates metadata

PerfecTUNES updates metadata

Hi,

I have a suggestion for PerfecTUNES. Would it be nice if i also can update my metadata with PerfecTUNES. In my opinion the market is missing such tool. The only way is to re-rip your entire CD collection. I think this is awesome feature but I do not know if this is possible.

Regards, Marcel

Administrator

Re: PerfecTUNES updates metadata

It will be coming for R2, it is a while off but is coming.

Thank you for the quick reply.

That is great news Spoon! Looking forward to buy this program. I suppose that R2 is scheduled for 2014?

This is a bit offtopic but i notice the announcement on the front page about DBpoweramp is coming to the OS X. I think the is really awesome stuff because i'm still considering switching from Windows (don't like the direction of Microsoft) to OS X. I have a couple of iOS device and really enjoy using it. So will PerfecTunes also be ported to OS X? I know this is a next step and not something what we can expect next year. Till that time I'll use the Windows version.

Administrator

PerfectTunes on the mac is not decided yet, ideally it would be. We will gauge how popular dBpoweramp is on the mac when released.

Thank you for answering my questions.

That is understandable.., I hoping for a release of PerfecTunes on the Mac. You have one interested customer already.

Regards, Marcel

I would love to see a way to get dbPowerAmp's metadata into existing audio files. My iTunes library got completely screwed up recently, and all the metadata got scrambled amongst my 6000 audio files -- with the tags saved in the file. It drives me crazy.

Anyway, Spoon, you do a great job -- I've been a paid user of your software going back to 2007 or so, and I'm glad to support what you do. Bring PerfectMeta to PerfectTunes! Thanks!

(Incidentally, I run Parallels on Mac, in part so I can run dbPowerAmp.)

+1

I can't wait to use PerfectTunes to update my metadata. Release 1.5 is almost code complete! Any idea about timing for R2? I am currently using Beets but would love to use PerfectMeta in PerfectTunes!

Administrator

No current schedule for R2

Hi Spoon,

It's been awhile that i asked for this feature. How is development going of PerfectTunes R2? Is this version still far off?

dBpoweramp Guru

We are adding a tagger with out automatic tagging in the short term, I would not expect the auto tagger this year.

Thanks for the answer but i think i have to wait longer cause i switched to OS X...

Quote Originally Posted by ********* View Post
    We are adding a tagger with out automatic tagging in the short term, I would not expect the auto tagger this year.
    Is there any update on the ETA for the tagger — even without automatic tagging? This is my *1 need right now, and it would be fantastic to see this. I'd buy PerfectTunes in a heartbeat as soon as this feature were available.

Administrator

Yes we need to get back on this...

I'm also still interested in this feature on Windows.., I posted above that i switched to Mac OS X but I'm using Windows besides Mac OS X.

Any update on this feature?

Is version 2.1 supporting this?