title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset UPnP with new Marantz Melody Media M-CR610

Asset UPnP with new Marantz Melody Media M-CR610

Hi Spoon.

Have a little problem with Asset UPnP (including the 4.2 BETA version. As per title, I have the new Marantz Melody Media M-CR610 and naturally I am using their remote app (latest version) from both my iPhone 5 and iPad Mini.

I have a problem and I have tried few settings (for example FLAC "as is" and "as is single")

When I am pressing on a song from my very small 24bit Linn Records Library (I am only using Asset for my 24bit library), there are two short of delays:

1. when I press on a song, it takes good few seconds to start playing on the Marantz and
    2. when it starts playing, then the relevant text from tags, as well as file type (FLAC or WAV) or its frequency take a further few seconds to update on the Marantz screen.

I do not have this problem with Twonky server (but I do not like Twonky).

Library is stored on a Windows 8.1 Pro PC and all tags have been edited to detail with registered dbPowerAmp.

Also, another question: The original album art resolution is quite high. I was suspecting that trying to load large jpeg art, might me the cause of delays so I used the settings to reduce to 400x400 but problem remained the same.

I saw I could force album art size, and I used [ForceAlbumArt=640] as I would prefer better resolution but still not as big as the original 1600x1600 plus... Does 640 work and under what section should I put it? =AssetControl or ={no-identification}

Any ideas?

George
    Last edited by george-london; 11-17-2013 at 07:53 PM.

Administrator

Re: Asset UPnP with new Marantz Melody Media M-CR610

Th art would be embedded at the start of the file, so if the art is 1MB then 1MB has to be read before audio can be played. Try as a test serving a with no album art (set FLAC to as WAVE).

Even so, on a 100Mbps/s network, in 1 second 10MB can be read, the player should have audio data after 0.2 of a second.

Thank you for your answer Spoon you always so fast responding!

Well. Network is 1Gbps/s (although Marantz only has a 100Mbps/s LAN port).

My problem is that data loads, track start playing, but the display only "reads" and displays that track tags including track format etc. about 15 seconds after it started playing it!
    Also, another question: The original album art resolution is quite high. I was suspecting that trying to load large jpeg art, might me the cause of delays so I used the settings to reduce to 400x400 but problem remained the same.

I saw I could force album art size, and I used [ForceAlbumArt=640] as I would prefer better resolution but still not as big as the original 1600x1600 plus... Does 640 work and under what section should I put it? =AssetControl or ={no-identification}

Administrator

The forcing of album art sizes is only for the art when browsing, a flac file which is served as a flac file is served untouched (with the embedded art).

Also about the track tags, most players use the tags from the control point when browsing, as certain audio formats might have the ID Tag at the end of the file (such as mp3 with ID3v2.3), which a player only has access to when the track has finished playing.

even though i have not the Marantz in question, i have another Marantz where i'm also (partly) using the original vendor app. This app is slow like hell by design. I've tested several upnp servers and the slowness remains with the original vendor app. If you use 3rd party apps the slowness is gone. Unfortunately most of them only work partially. the app which comes close to perfection with my Marantz NA 11 S1 is Plugplayer (iOS)

Quote Originally Posted by mamema View Post
    even though i have not the Marantz in question, i have another Marantz where i'm also (partly) using the original vendor app. This app is slow like hell by design. I've tested several upnp servers and the slowness remains with the original vendor app. If you use 3rd party apps the slowness is gone. Unfortunately most of them only work partially. the app which comes close to perfection with my Marantz NA 11 S1 is Plugplayer (iOS)
    Hi mamema, I am using J River on PC as the conversion software with my Marantz NA11 S1, is this the app you also use?