title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Playlists (m3u) imports

Playlists (m3u) imports

I am testing the free Asset UPnP on a WHS 2011 server. The audio library has 4 folders; the first three have music files with the album art; the fourth has playlists some of which are in the root directory, and some are in sub-folders.

But none of the playlists appear in the Playlists folder of the StreamMagic app for Asset UPnP:MB... (my server).

I've deleted that 4th item in the Audio Library of the Advanced Settings; and then recreated it. But it has not resolved my problem.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Administrator

Re: Playlists (m3u) imports

You have set the 4th folder to a 'contains playlist' item?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You have set the 4th folder to a 'contains playlist' item?
    OK, my mistake as I did not know that you had to flag the folder differently.

New issue: When I execute a playlist, there is no Album Art, contrary to elsewhere in the Play modes: Album, Artist, etc. Please note that my Album Art reside in the track folder as a "folder.jpg" file.

Is it fixable? My review of the Advanced Settings has been fruitless.

Thanks!

Administrator

No album art for a the playlist? or items in the playlist?

No album art for a the playlist? or items in the playlist?
    Both. In the initial list, only a folder pictogram shows - but that's OK. Once I select a given playlist (in the StreamMagic app), a list of all tracks appears, all tracks are accompanied by an individual pictogram of a double music note. If I play the list, the same double-note pictogram is used by the player in the bottom right corner.

Administrator

For album art to be detected these files have to appear in Asset (ie they are scanned by asset and can be browsed through artist / album)

For album art to be detected these files have to appear in Asset (ie they are scanned by asset and can be browsed through artist / album)
    They are and are browsable with full Album Art. The first three folders in the Audio Library of Asset are the actual music files in \Artist\Album sequence where each Album contains FLAC or MP3 files plus a folder.jpg file. The fourth folder is the playlist folder with content as follows:

\\MB2SERVER2\Mus-LL16\The Beatles\White Album 1\Julia.flac
    \\MB2SERVER2\Mus-LL16\Linda Ronstadt\The Very Best of Linda Ronstadt\Linda Ronstadt - It's So Easy.flac
    \\MB2SERVER2\Mus-LL24\Creedence Clearwater Revival\Chronicle 20 Greatest Hits\Creedence Clearwater Revival - Have You Ever Seen The Rain_.flac
    \\mb2server2\Mus-LO16\Steppenwolf\Gold\Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild [Single Version].mp3

Administrator

What is the content of a playlist entry (for one of those files)?

What is the content of a playlist entry (for one of those files)?
    Not sure I understand the question.

If I right-click on the file and open Edit ID-Tag, I can see information for Artist, Title, Album, Track, Year, etc. Album Art is empty as I work with a folder.jpg file in every Album folder.

If we take the example of the first entry above:

There is also the following file:
    \\MB2SERVER2\Mus-LL16\The Beatles\White Album 1\folder.jpg

When navigating on StreamMagic by Artist, Album, Genre, etc. the Album Art always shows.

Administrator

sorry I meant the contents of the m3u playlist, if you open notepad and drag / drop the m3u playlist onto the notepad you should see that Julia.flac file listed, I am interested in how it appears

sorry I meant the contents of the m3u playlist, if you open notepad and drag / drop the m3u playlist onto the notepad you should see that Julia.flac file listed, I am interested in how it appears
    OK - got you now. Exactly as you see it in my earlier message as it was the result of a copy/paste from Notepad. Example:

Administrator

And asset is set to scan the folder?:

\\MB2SERVER2\Mus-LL16\

(not a D: or E:\)

And asset is set to scan the folder?:

\\MB2SERVER2\Mus-LL16\

(not a D: or E:\)
    Bingo! That was the problem. Since Asset runs on the server, when I picked my folder to add to asset, I picked them from the drives on the server, not from the network listing. I've since deleted all entries in Asset's Audio Library and recreated them strictly using a "\\servername\folder" logic, and then my playlist folder with entries in the same logic, and my Album Art now shows.

Thanks!