title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Accuracy Numbers

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dwatts9501
    • Nov 2013

Accuracy Numbers

I am new to using the ripping software. When I run the CD rip I get accuracy numbers from 2- 16.
    I assume the higher the number the better, what is considered good and how high does the accuracy number go?
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Accuracy Numbers

there is a max, but I forget what it is. But higher is not really "better". These are not "quality" ratings. They simply report matches in the accuraterip database. For example, if you get "accuraterip (2)" it means that two other people that ripped the same title CD got exactly the same CRCs from the rip. So this means that two others, with different physical copies of the disk, using different computers, and different drives, got the same data, bit for bit, as you got in your rip. So even accuraterip (1) is impressive (and much better than you ripping twice and getting the same CRCs, as you could have a consistent error in your drive, on your copy, etc.). (note that if you get AR (1) from reripping your disk weeks or months later on, you may be matching back to yourself in the AR database so that's not as good of course).

very popular disks may have many matches. More obscure disks may have fewer. Newer, and less popular disks may not even be in the database (yet).

Comment

• dwatts9501
      • Nov 2013

Re: Accuracy Numbers

Thanks, that helps!

Comment

Working...

]]>