title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

No more free cover art ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul2122
    • Nov 2013

No more free cover art ?

I have been ripping cds the last month, it used to always show cover art of the cd , now it no longer does
    What's up with that ?are they now forcing you to buy perfect tunes ?
    If this is the case I put my whole collection of wav, and flac files on a external HD
    What do I have to do to get perfect tunes to work erasing doubles, and getting album art ?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: No more free cover art ?

PerfectTUNES and dBpoweramp are very separate.

To rip CDs and have cover art, you need a Reference licence, PerfectTUNES is not required.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Paul2122
      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
      PerfectTUNES and dBpoweramp are very separate.

To rip CDs and have cover art, you need a Reference licence, PerfectTUNES is not required.
      I have a payed license for a DB poweramp, it No longer allows cover art to from cds to be shown.
      It says I have to pay for perfect tunes. They never did this before .that is totally unexpected.

I have transferred all Wav, and Flac files from computer to a seperate external hard drive.
      How will perfect tubes find and fix all the doubles, and missing album art on my windows 7 machine ?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

PerfectTUNES was in beta test for 1 year, during this time it allowed free access to cover art and de-dup.

Now it is been released it is no longer free, and it is a separate product to dBpoweramp.

You can check the status of dBpoweramp by running dBpoweramp Configuration, if it says Reference Registered then CD Ripper will fetch album art for your CDs (as you rip them).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Shenook
          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
          PerfectTUNES was in beta test for 1 year, during this time it allowed free access to cover art and de-dup.

Now it is been released it is no longer free, and it is a separate product to dBpoweramp.

You can check the status of dBpoweramp by running dBpoweramp Configuration, if it says Reference Registered then CD Ripper will fetch album art for your CDs (as you rip them).
          Ok so I have an issue. I puchased both DBpoweramp and perfect tunes. DBpoweramp was working great fetching album art and such. When I ran perfect tunes album art and had it scour my music locations to add album covers it provides the wrong covers for many of my albums. Basically it gives the same album cover as the last one it successfully completed.

For instance I might have No Doubt Tragic Kingdom 5 times but only 1 of those albums is No doubt. The others are different albums. What gives?

I fixed the various artist duplicates by the way. So that's not the issue here.
          Last edited by Shenook; 12-29-2013, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

And if you click the 'fix' button to manually specify the art for one of those albums, what artist - album does it show bottom left?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>