title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems converting FLAC to AIFF

Problems converting FLAC to AIFF

I used the tools to convert my entire CD library to FLAC, it all went very well (99% with no errors and verified by AccurateRip). Now I'm trying to convert the files to Apple format using the Batch Converter and I'm getting occasional errors on certain tracks (these tracks are perfect in FLAC), basically they do not successfully convert to AIFF. Can someone tell me why this is happening or how I can fix this please?:cry:

Administrator

Re: Problems converting FLAC to AIFF

Which error message is shown?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Which error message is shown?
    Error converting to Aiff, 'I:\Steve Sullivan ----FLAC\Adele\Live at the Royal Albert Hall\01 Adele - Hometown Glory.flac' to 'I:\Steve Sullivan ---AIFF\Adele\Live at the Royal Albert Hall, Disc 1\01 - Hometown Glory.aif'
    Encountered 'FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_SEARCH_FOR_FRAME_SYNC' in FLAC File 'I:\Steve Sullivan ----FLAC\Adele\Live at the Royal Albert Hall\01 Adele - Hometown Glory.flac'

Error converting to Aiff, 'I:\Steve Sullivan ----FLAC\Adele\Live at the Royal Albert Hall\17 Adele - Rolling in the Deep.flac' to 'I:\Steve Sullivan ---AIFF\Adele\Live at the Royal Albert Hall, Disc 1\17 - Rolling in the Deep.aif'
    Encountered 'FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_SEARCH_FOR_FRAME_SYNC' in FLAC File 'I:\Steve Sullivan ----FLAC\Adele\Live at the Royal Albert Hall\17 Adele - Rolling in the Deep.flac'

Administrator

Have you tried playing those flac files? dbpoweramp reports they are corrupted.

I just listened to both songs completely via my NAS drive, to a SONOS, then digital out to my surround sound receiver....they sounded great -- no issues. Do you work for dBPoweramp? Can I FTP the music files to you, and see if you get the same conversion errors?

Administrator

Copy one of the files to your local pc, then try to convert, does it show an error?

Copy one of the files to your local pc, then try to convert, does it show an error?
    I copied the file (single song in FLAC) to my Windows 7 local Music subdirectory. I ran the Batch Converter on the single song to convert to AIFF. Here's what I got:

Error converting to Aiff, 'C:\Users\Steve Sullivan\Music\01 Adele - Hometown Glory.flac' to 'C:\Users\Steve Sullivan\Music\01 Adele - Hometown Glory.aif'
    Encountered 'FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_SEARCH_FOR_FRAME_SYNC' in FLAC File 'C:\Users\Steve Sullivan\Music\01 Adele - Hometown Glory.flac'

The original file size in FLAC was 43.4 MB; the converted file is only 207 KB, obviously not correct.

Administrator

If you find a 20 MB flac file which does not convert, email this file please:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

If you find a 20 MB flac file which does not convert, email this file please:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm
    Will do, thanks....it may be a challenge to find one that small.

Spoon, it is very difficult to find a song less than 20 MB (the songs have to be very short), AND one that I'm having problems. Can you please help me in a different way?

Administrator

Please upload any of them to dropbox.

Please upload any of them to dropbox.
    I have uploaded the files, but it wont let me login...I keep getting "ERROR 403", whatever that means. Whether I try to login or try to contact text support I get the same error.

Administrator

Use google docs instead? or microsoft skydrive

Use google docs instead? or microsoft skydrive
    A link to the Google Drive files has been sent to you. There are several converted files, all with various issues. All FLAC files play fine, some converted AIFF do not play at all, other AIFF files play fine but have the same reported errors as the ones that do not play at all....very strange.

Administrator

The files are definitely corrupted, foobar 2000 (if you open the console) reports the file is corrupted. If you open dBpoweramp Configuration >> Codecs >> Advanced Options

There is an option for FLAC decoding to 'Corrupt FLAC File - Continue Decoding (errors as information)'