title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP R4.2 (Windows)

Administrator

Re: Asset UPnP R4.2 (Windows)

It might help the marantz, as underneath they tend to be all based on the same chipset for controlling UPNP.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It might help the marantz, as underneath they tend to be all based on the same chipset for controlling UPNP.
    unfortunately no change with the marantz na 11 s1

Just to add to the list of fixes. Pause now works on my Pioneer Elite!

Hmm, weird - my Denon now won't pause. It did when i first installed v4.2, but without any other changes (other than adding a few more tracks to the library), it now ignores the pause request

Administrator

If the program has not changed?

You're quite correct, the program hasn't changed. Neither has the hardware, the firmware, or the Asset configuration...However, the fact remains that the pause function on ALAC, or AAC doesn't work.

Is it worth trying a re-install?

Administrator

Only if the old version had somehow installed, would I think the reinstall help. Do you have a 2nd PC you can try on?

'Fraid not - Asset is installed on my WHS2011 server.

Denon seem to think (as I've referred the issue to them too), that there has recently (?when?) been an update to the DLNA standard that has some influence on the pause functionality.

The lack of the pause function is pretty irritating however as currently my only option is to switch off or switch over to an alternate stream (eg radio)

Hi Spoon,

I know you're a busy person, but is there any chance you could look into this non-pause issue.

I've tried the same Denon player with Windows Media Player and it pauses just fine, same when running Twonky server. Also when first installed Asset seemed to work OK, but since then has stopped pausing, which all points to an issue within Asset.

Be good if this could be investigated/resolved

Administrator

To test this, you would have to clear off the old asset (uninstall), install the latest beta and point to a folder of just one flac file. If pause does not work then enable debug mode in Asset and browse and play a single file on the denon, then post the debug log.

OK, I'll give that a go although you mention FLAC, but I don't have any tracks encoded that way - all of mine are MP3, AAC, and ALAC as mentioned previously. I'm having the same problem no matter which of these three types I try.

I'll try what you suggest with a single ALAC file and let you know how I get on (don't see how it will help however - I assume that a "play" request tells Asset to start serving a stream, and that a "pause" function tells it to stop. Don't see how having only one file to serve will alter that, but as I say, I'll give it a go and see what happens)

So, copied a single ALAC track to a new folder on the same system, at roughly the same folder tree depth as the original.
    Stopped Asset and removed all previous references to music and playlist folders then added the location of the new folder followed by a "Refresh all" which reported 1 track & 1 album
    Switched on the Denon which then listed all the previous tracks and even allowed me to play one that was no longer in my "new" library. Re-started Denon, same result
    Disabled Asset, then switched on Denon, which now shows "Empty"
    Restarted Asset, Denon now only shows the 1 track.
    Played track - won't pause in the first few seconds whilst artist and track names are being served, but OK after that (after about 10-15secs)
    Reinstated full library and did a refresh all
    Stopped & restarted Denon - pause now works (after the same 10-15 second delay)

Note that when I queried this earlier, it didn't matter for how long the track had been playing, it still wouldn't pause - still points to an Asset bug I'm afraid

Administrator

The information that the Denon goes off wether it can pause or not, is given out when browsing. This information should be consistant, I do not think it is an Asset bug, the debug log will show the browse information.

OK, what do you need me to do? Your original suggestion only suggested debug if the single file pause didn't work which it did, (as did the full-library test).

Since I now have a full-library pause that didn't work, a single-track library that did, followed by a full-library that also worked, I'm not sure where we're going. The only variable so far is the Asset database and code - why are you so convinced its not Asset at fault?

I'm really not trying to get into blaming anyone - there's an issue here and I'm just trying to get to the bottom of it so the fix request can be pointed at the appropriate people. I'm more than happy to work with you, try any suggestion that you propose in order to track the root cause (surely that's the point of Beta-testing). Just let me know how I can help.

Administrator

See how it goes, and see if it stops pausing in the future.