title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Confirm File Replace" screen shows duplicate ghost files in Win7 x64 Pro

"Confirm File Replace" screen shows duplicate ghost files in Win7 x64 Pro

Hi All,

I am performing an batch convert operation in Win7 for the first time which I have performed for years in WinXP x32. Latest version of dbPoweramp.

These are the steps as performed in WinXP:
    1. In explorer, select a folder containing several sub-folders containing various .wav files.
    2. In the context menu select "dbPoweramp Batch Convert".
    3. "dbPoweramp Batch Convert" screen appears.
    4. (optional) Select "List" to verify that the files selected are as expected.
    5. (optional) Expand the tree to its lowest leaf nodes to show all folders/files selected as expected.
    6. Select "convert", accept settings, and select "convert>>".
    7. "Confirm File Replace" screen appears since I am processing .wav file in place with no name change. Files selected are as expected.
    8. Select "Overwrite" and voila.

If I perform exactly the same steps on my Win7 xs64 machine every step behaves identically until step 7, including 4 and 5.
    When the "Confirm File Replace" screen appears it show twice as many files as exist on the drive, with each file name appearing twice. Once with a check, once without a check. Ie.
    v File1.wav
    v File2.wav
    v File3.wav
    _ File1.wav
    _ File2.wav
    _ File3.wav
    Where V is a check, and _ is a non-check.
    If I uncheck all and confirm, obviously nothing happens.
    If I check all and confirm, nothing happens.
    If leave one set of the files checked, and the "ghost: files unchecked, confirm. nothing happens.
    If I slide the "Confirm File Replace" screen over and look at the converting progress pop-up screen, the correct number of files is indicated.
    If I Cancel, then select the Filter, it show two sets of all extensions, a complete set from AIFF through to WavPack, followed by a complete set from AIFF through to WavPack?
    Any thoughts? If I reinstall will all my preferences and custom DSP setting be retained?

Administrator

Re: "Confirm File Replace" screen shows duplicate ghost files in Win7 x64 Pro

Can you take a screen shot of the overwrite page (as it is shown) and upload to imageshack or similar.

Is there a special account at imageshack for this?

Administrator

No, upload and post a link to it so we can see image.

I had no luck at all with imageshack. I was was unable to see anything I tried to upload. Worst interface ever, too! Try this:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1001730...CIzszbyV79bkQA

Administrator

You are converting to Wave, not using the multi-encoder?

Yes,
    wave -> wave, with some DSP effects

Administrator

Which exact DSP effects please?

In order:

Trim Silence
    Write Silence
    Write Silence
    ID Tag processing

dbPoweramp's saved .dspeffect file for this group contains, on one line:

-dspeffect1="Trim Silence= -dbsilence={qt}-65{qt} -threshold={qt}10{qt}" -dspeffect2="Write Silence=-lengthms={qt}500{qt}" -dspeffect3="Write Silence=-end -lengthms={qt}2000{qt}" -dspeffect4="ID Tag Processing=-delall0 -case={qt}0{qt} -exportart={qt}(none){qt} -importart={qt}(none){qt} -maxart={qt}(any){qt}"

This is unchanged from when I used it on WinXP. After installing dbPoweramp on Win7 I just copied over the DSP-Selections folder with the .dspeffects files from the old machine.

Administrator

There are no hidden files in the destination folder? with similar filenames?

None hidden. Just the .wav files. The folders were actually created by dbPowerAmp Ripper using [genre]\[artist]\[disc]. [album]\[track]. [title].

Also, if I select just one .wav file in explorer and pick "convert to" from the context menu, it shows two files with the same name in the confirm replace screen, but just one file in all screens previous to the confirm replace screen.

Administrator

Please email one file:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

I sent a file to dbamp@dbpoweramp.com.

Out of curiosity I tried the same file/folder combination I had sent you with a Test Conversion only.
    First screen:

If I select List/Rename I see the ghost file listed as before:

But if I select Convert>> it doesn't file. The Test Conversion proceeds and I get to the final screen.

Oops, sorry about that. I was trying to imbed images. Apparently the info I put in the IMG tag wasn't what it expected, maybe links are better for what I pasted? These should be the three image above in order:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink