title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Confirm File Replace" screen shows duplicate ghost files in Win7 x64 Pro

Re: "Confirm File Replace" screen shows duplicate ghost files in Win7 x64 Pro

I tried a complete reinstallion. I uninstalled dbpoweramp and DSP. Then I rooted around in the registry for "illustrate" "dbpower" "spoon" and got rid of the any saved configurations. I then reinstalled just dbpoweramp but not the DSP pack. I synchronized my configuration with what I had on my old machine, and recalibrated by CD drives. The converter still behaved as above. I reinstalled DSP pass as well and tghe converter still behaved the same.

I used Araxis Merge (a directory diff tool) to compare the Program Files/Illustrate folder on my new Win7x64 machine and on my old WinXPx32. There are only these differences:

dBShell.dll
    dMCScripting.dll
    dMCShell.dll

All other files were identical across the two folders. I presume there are x32 and x64 versions of the DLLs?

Also:
    If you are ripping a CD, cancel mid-rip, restart the rip, and get the confirm file replace popup screen to overwrite previously ripped files in the same folder there are ghost doubles of the existing wav files as there is during a conversion. If you cancel a rip you have to manually delete the contents of the rip folder before restarting the rip.

Administrator

I have checked CD Ripper, it is only possible for the program to have 1 entry per track, there is only 1 filname and when they are added to the list they are only added once (there are 2 very simple loops). There must be something on your system that when an item is added to a common control list, it is adding 2 items, this is at a system level.

HI,

I tried a complete unininstall, reg clen, and reinstall with no luck.

I notice also that if you are ripping a cd with dbpower amp riper, cancel the rip, then resume the rip causing a "confirm file replace" popup you get the ghost file doubles for the wav files that should overwritten by the restarted rip.

Also:
    I used araxis merg (folder differ) to compare the Program Files/Illustrate folder on my Win7x64 and WinXPx32 machine. The only difference between the two installations is:

dBShell.dll
    dMCScripting.dll
    dMCShell.dll

All other files are identical. Is this to ne expected. I assume the are x64 and x32 versions of the DLLs?

Administrator

Yes, try R15 which is in beta, which has a native 64 bit version of all the programs.

Hi,
    I finally got around to trying the latest dMc on my Win7 64 bit machine. I completely uninstalled the previous 32 bit version 14.4 and DSP R9. I then installed dMC r15.0 and DSP R10 and tried some tests with the same setup as previously described, i.e. batch processing .wav files in place. It seems to be worse in one case and better in another.

I.e. if I select a single .wav file, option click and pick "Convert to", click through to the "Confirm File Replace" screen, the single file is shown twice with the first instance checked and the second instance not checked. If I then select Overwrite it does convert the file overwriting the source, claiming that it converted 1 file.
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

If I select a folder containing 4 .wav files, option click and select "dBPoweramp batch convert", click through to the "Confirm File Replace" screen, the 4 files are shown twice with the first four checked nad the last four unchecked. Converter screen says "Converting 4 fiels to wave. If I then select Overwrite absolutely nothing happens. Screens do not change. "Cancel" will exit however back to Batch converter screen.

If I select a folder containing 4 folders each containing .wav files and do exactly the same thing the program crashes when I select "Confirm File Replace. Full text in crash screen is:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: MusicConverter.exe
    Application Version: 15.0.0.9
    Application Timestamp: 5305e58d
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_9897
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18247
    Fault Module Timestamp: 521eaf24
    Exception Code: c0000374
    Exception Offset: 00000000000c4102
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 9897
    Additional Information 2: 9897e4af1618d2f792b5d02e389cd35f
    Additional Information 3: d360
    Additional Information 4: d360131d10a377fc41205d88500d86af

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Administrator

If you select one file, rc >> Convert To

then click List / Rename, what does it show? one or 2 items?

It show two items, one checked, one not checked. See image.

Administrator

Run this please (a simple test program):

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/misc/SimpleTester.exe

and post a screen shot please.

Administrator

It has been fixed, the issue is that for some reason your Windows calls WM_SHOW twice, whereas every other Windows calls it once when a form is shown (in context there are millions of installations of dBpoweramp and we have had 2 reports of this).

The fix will appear in R15.1 beta, which will be a number of weeks off.

Awesome! Thanks for your persistence!