title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP for Linux

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Asset UPnP for Linux

Although the cron job @reboot does not work..

This is an issue with the Jail and the post is informational.

Administrator

Update 19th February

* Fixed crash in IP address enum causing Asset not to work on certain devices.
    * Prevented playback stall while indexing library.
    * .AAC files are now supported.

Hello,
    1st of all: works quite good on fedora 20
    But I have two questions :
    1st: when do you plan to release a final, stable (non-beta) version with all features enabled (Radio Times, etc) ?
    2nd: Few years ago I bought Asset for Windows. Will this Linux version need a separate license to buy ?
    BR
    coconut

Administrator

1: Only when it is ready, the pi and Mac versions are getting close, the Linux and QNAP have a little way to go.
    2: We intend to have split licenses with different price points, the PC and MAC would go on one shared license, the others would be split so we can ascertain their popularity.

Hi Spoon,

Thanks for the 19th Feb update. Still working well. I have set the rescan interval to daily since I could not set it to zero. (Would have like to be able to only scan on demand, but long intervals are OK.)

I am generally running under unRAID 5 (Slackware 13.1 and 32 bit), but I also tried unRAID 6 beta (now Slackware 14.1 and 64 bit) so I used the 64 bit AssetUPnP build and that also worked. unRAID is evolving to support a managed plug-in system, so I will keep an eye on that.

Is there any news on being able to specify the path used for database and settings storage?

Many thanks.

Les.

I just installed on Fedora 20, and it works perfectly. I love the granular control over the browse tree, and I'm more than ready to say good bye to Twonky Server! When can we pay and register? If we are more than 30 days away from that, are my features going to disappear at the end of 30 days?

Administrator

Yes the premium features would go, we hope to release soon.

Would there be any chance of including a composer/album view? I would like to be able to search for albums that contain the work of a given composer, but then select the entire album to play. This is different from setting up a composer / +album view with the current tools, because selecting the album in this view only plays the works of the selected composer.

Administrator

Works and Albums are different things, which do you want?

Thanks for being so responsive!

I would like to be able to search for a composer, list all the albums in which that composer appears, then select and play the entire album, including all tracks even if by different composers.

Administrator

Understood, I not think Asset can do this.

Any option to release for other Unix OSes?

for example OpenSolaris, OpenIndiana or many illuomos kernel based.
    this systems are not binary compatible with Linux, but You can build from the the same sources under OpenSolaris or illomos based OS.
    Solaris is by default 64 bit and there is no 32 bit version. Linux was originally 32 bit and 64 bit was added later.

Administrator

There is not enough demand to warrant the creation of these versions, sorry.

Red face Re: Asset UPnP for FreeBSD (was: Asset UPnP for Linux ;-) )

The Linux version runs fine so far in the Linux Emulation of FreeBSD. I took some notes on the installation: (sorry, it's in german, but at least the code is international ;-) )
    http://www.sisyphus.de/blog/2014/05/...np-on-freebsd/.

It would be wonderful though to have a native Port available, as FreeNAS (based on FreeBSD) is a perfect choice for a build-yourself-NAS.
    @spoon If you would ever need testers for that, let me know :D

Hoeni

BTW: Which license do I need to buy for that Linux version? QNAP? The purchase page is a little bit confusing...

Question Which License to buy for Linux version?

Since there are only few days left in my trial period: Which license variant do I have to buy now for this Linux version? QNAP?