title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP for Linux

Administrator

Re: Asset UPnP for Linux

We will check into the storage location for settings

The next update will have a configurable rescan time.

First off, I'm aware it's a build for Linux, not Synology. This is just an observation, not a bug report, although it would be awesome if it could be resolved.

I tried installing the package on a Synology DS713+ but I ran into dependency problems (64 bit):
    ./AssetUPnP: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./AssetUPnP)
    ./AssetUPnP: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.9' not found (required by ./AssetUPnP)
    ./AssetUPnP: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by ./AssetUPnP)
    I would love to run Asset on the NAS as this would take my Windows PC out of the equation. For now, I guess I will just have to start harassing Synology support about their use of an ancient library.
    Last edited by Brigitte; 01-04-2014 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    We will check into the storage location for settings

The next update will have a configurable rescan time.
    Wonderful! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brigitte View Post
    First off, I'm aware it's a build for Linux, not Synology. This is just an observation, not a bug report, although it would be awesome if it could be resolved.
    I tried installing the package on a Synology DS713+ but I ran into dependency problems (64 bit):
    I would love to run Asset on the NAS as this would take my Windows PC out of the equation. For now, I guess I will just have to start harassing Synology support about their use of an ancient library.
    You are not the only one whishing Asset on a Synology. I am running a DS412+.:smile2:
    Ik had to stop Asset on my Windows machine.

Hi,

I've just installed Asset on my home made NAS (Debian based) and it works like a charm ! After testing all servers available on Linux, it seems that Assets is the best server to be used with my Pioneer N50.

I understand that the Linux version is still a work in progress and that the navigation tree customization is not available yet, but could you please add the "Compilation / Album" navigation branch in the default tree ?

In addition, it seems that the playlists m3u files are not read by Asset as absolute path but relative to the playlist location (this seems also true for the Mac version).

All my songs are under /home/pub/music/artist/album and the playlists under /home/pub/playlists/. Checking the log files, I saw that the tracks served to the player are /home/pub/playlists//home/pub/music/artist/album/songfile. Then I had to manually change all tracks in the m3u file to ../music/artist/album/songfile to make it work. Tracks file paths starting by / should be understood as absolute path not relative.

Thanks for your help.

Administrator

Updated 30th January

- Fixed configuration page glitches
    - Added auto lookup for common music folder paths on first startup
    - Made auto rescan period configurable
    - Added webconfig page for browse tree
    - Internet radio handling fixes
    - Fixed playlist handling- now paths beginning with / are presumed absolute
    - Put AssetUPnP.LocalConfig file ( command: touch AssetUPnP.LocalConfig ) to force storage of configuration data in Asset's installation directory
    - Improved album art picture caching - reduced CPU usage with repeated album art requests
    - [x64] Fixed nonsensical bitrate value reported to UPnP control points & renderers

Hi Spoon,

Thanks for the update. Sadly I have run into this problem again that we saw further back in this thread....

Quote Originally Posted by NumbRunaway View Post
    ./AssetUPnP: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by ./AssetUPnP)
    Is this due to a missing library in the build? I previously had the problem that NumbRunaway reported last time and it was fixed just after that until this most recent build.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Super Moderator

GLIBCXX_3.4.15 problem will be dealt with, thanks for reporting. Clearly we need to build on Debian 6 rather than 7.
    It would be helpful to know what exact Linux distro you're using when getting this error.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    GLIBCXX_3.4.15 problem will be dealt with, thanks for reporting. Clearly we need to build on Debian 6 rather than 7.
    It would be helpful to know what exact Linux distro you're using when getting this error.
    My omission, sorry. I am running under unRAID 5.0.5 which is based on Slackware 13.1 (old, but very solid).

For info, the new unRAID 6 beta is based on 14.1 I believe and is 64 bit only, but I don't use that at present.

Administrator

Update 10th January

- Scanning no longer recurses into hidden folders (dot-prefixed, .folder).
    - Greatly reduced CPU & RAM usage when refreshing large librarires
    - Faster response to user requested library refresh
    - Removed unnecessary full library rescan in certain configuration change scenarios.
    - Improved internet radio compatibility.
    - Improved application stability.
    - Built on Debian6 again, for broader compatibility (old UnRAID etc).

Hello,

will Asset UPnP for Linux also run on the Netgear Readynas 516?

It runs with ReadyNAS OS 6. ReadyNAS OS 6 uses Debian Wheezy/Sid and a 3.x kernel.

regards starbuck

dBpoweramp Guru

No, as it is compiled for an Intel CPU, the readynas is arm

Quote Originally Posted by ********* View Post
    No, as it is compiled for an Intel CPU, the readynas is arm
    No, the Readynas 516 uses an Intel Ivy Bridge Core I3-3220 3.3Ghz Dual Core Processor.

NetGear today announced two new ARM devices (RN102 and RN104), the 300 series (RN312, RN314 and RN316) which use Intel Atom CPUs and the RN516 (high-end desktop) which uses an Intel Core i3 CPU .

Administrator

Ah, then it might just work for you.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Although I am getting a kernel message on my Freenas box which is probably due to the Jail implementation that says:

prmlimit64 not implemented (does this mean anything to you)

I can confirm that Asset (32 bit) runs in a Freenas Debian (7) 32 bit Jail. This means I no longer have to switch on my Windows Server to use Asset as I can use the same share that the Sonos uses and it is much more powerful than MiniDNLA.

For those that don't know Freenas is a Freebsd based NAS solution running ZFS, although as a warning it has much more of a resource requirement than simple home use nas boxes (8GB Ram and ECC memory as a minimum)
    Last edited by ServerBaboon; 02-16-2014 at 07:19 AM.