title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Duplicate Album Artist in conversion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MarcB83
    • Oct 2013

Duplicate Album Artist in conversion

My source files are 320kbps MP3's. When I convert them to either AAC (Nero) or MP3 (Lame) in order to make them fully iTunes compatible (integrated album art, replay gain, and lower the KBPS), the resulting Album Artist field contains a duplicate of the source file entry, separated by a semi-colon.

A similar conversion but from FLAC files does not cause any issues.

Thank you.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Duplicate Album Artist in conversion

If you right click on an mp3 >> Edit ID Tag what is shown for album artist?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MarcB83
      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
      If you right click on an mp3 >> Edit ID Tag what is shown for album artist?
      An example with a song from Adele.
      In the source file through JRiver: Adele
      In the source file using ID-Tag: Adele; Adele

Obviously, the conversion is not the issue but rather the discrepancy between the JRiver tag for Album Artist, and the one dbPowerAmp uses.

How do you suggest i resolve the issue? Please note that not all my tracks have the same Artist and Album Artist!

Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It is very likely that some program has put the album artist twice when tagging.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MarcB83
          • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
          It is very likely that some program has put the album artist twice when tagging.
          Any software recommendation to do the cleanup in an automated fashion?

Comment

• BrodyBoy
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by MarcB83
            Any software recommendation to do the cleanup in an automated fashion?
            I've had this happen in the past....it's been awhile and I can't remember the exact circumstances, but I got the same result you describe. I just cleaned it up in mp3tag when doing my routine post-rip tag check.

Comment

• MarcB83
              • Oct 2013

Originally posted by BrodyBoy
              I've had this happen in the past....it's been awhile and I can't remember the exact circumstances, but I got the same result you describe. I just cleaned it up in mp3tag when doing my routine post-rip tag check.
              Thanks BrodyBoy for the info. This is exactly what I did yesterday and it ended up not being too painful to do.

But it shows again that the world of tags is very convoluted. Buried inside the tag, there are two Album Artist tags; one is used by JRiver and the other by dbPowerAmp??? Ratings are even worse; iTunes stores them not in the tag but inside their database; MediaMonkey puts it in their own tag on a scale of 1 to 10; Jriver uses a scale of 1 to 5. Not easy to manage!!

Comment

Working...

]]>