title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tracks going alphabetical order

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spttc
    • Oct 2013

Tracks going alphabetical order

Seems that whenever I try to make a compilation disc the tracks rearrange themselves in alphabetical order. Can anyone help me fix this so they burn in the order I place them in. Thanks. These would be mp3 compilations.
    Last edited by spttc; 10-23-2013, 06:08 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Tracks going alphabetical order

The file system for data cds is not ordered by the date you add items, rather filename.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• spttc
      • Oct 2013

So I can only make alphabetical compilation discs? Is there a way around this?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

To name the filenames in the order you require them (based on alphabetical)
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Cienega32
          • Sep 2012

Question almost of the same nature in regarding the burn - I understand the Alpha-order of the write but is there a method to include a folder options environmental so that, in the case of archiving catalog portions to DVD (for example), when opened, the Artist> Album> Tracks would be seen with the chosen system folder column tags (Album, Artist, Bit rate, Length, etc) and listed in order by (track)* ? The objective would be to default to that view if inserted and opened in another computer and/or to have that same info available and presented as is shown in the source folders to be burned.

I realize that this isn't really a "Writer" type question but more a CD/DVD creation question but thought some of the great minds here might know.

TIA

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

It will be the player which decides what information it shows, and most only show filenames (not length or bitrate).
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Cienega32
              • Sep 2012

Not concerned with the player provided info but more so the tags used and seen in the system folder headers on a different computer running Windows 7 (as is the 'source' for the burn).

The disc would be used as more of a data type, archived disc rather than a media source for play.

Comment

Working...

]]>