title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Tracks going alphabetical order

Tracks going alphabetical order

Seems that whenever I try to make a compilation disc the tracks rearrange themselves in alphabetical order. Can anyone help me fix this so they burn in the order I place them in. Thanks. These would be mp3 compilations.
    Last edited by spttc; 10-23-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Administrator

Re: Tracks going alphabetical order

The file system for data cds is not ordered by the date you add items, rather filename.

So I can only make alphabetical compilation discs? Is there a way around this?

Administrator

To name the filenames in the order you require them (based on alphabetical)

Question almost of the same nature in regarding the burn - I understand the Alpha-order of the write but is there a method to include a folder options environmental so that, in the case of archiving catalog portions to DVD (for example), when opened, the Artist> Album> Tracks would be seen with the chosen system folder column tags (Album, Artist, Bit rate, Length, etc) and listed in order by (track)* ? The objective would be to default to that view if inserted and opened in another computer and/or to have that same info available and presented as is shown in the source folders to be burned.

I realize that this isn't really a "Writer" type question but more a CD/DVD creation question but thought some of the great minds here might know.

TIA

Administrator

It will be the player which decides what information it shows, and most only show filenames (not length or bitrate).

Not concerned with the player provided info but more so the tags used and seen in the system folder headers on a different computer running Windows 7 (as is the 'source' for the burn).

The disc would be used as more of a data type, archived disc rather than a media source for play.