title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP for Raspberry pi

Re: Asset UPnP for Raspberry pi

Just some additional info:

I copied 2 ripped CDs onto a memory stick and plugged this directly into the Pi. This is scanned OK and the music plays as expected.

I assume this means I have installed Asset OK and that there is something wrong with my CIF mount. I can view music on the CIF mount ok from the command line so this looks to be fine.

Thanks for any further help.

Hi there.

Firstly congrats on migrating Asset to the Pi.

I have been following this thread and building your beta releases upon the Pi as you release them. I have now installed this mornings release after a complete clear down of the previous build.

I had much the same issues as detailed in the post ny Stephan. Could not enable logging and not all files were being indexed. I am running on the latest Raspbarian and music content is stored on my NAS which is connected via cifs (autofs). I can see all media files on the NAS directly from the Pi.

I can now enable debug logging just fine. This produces a UPnP log but no library log that I can see.

Some files are still not being indexed.

The vast majority are. From my testing thus far it would seem that the missing files are those created by Exact Audio Copy as opposed to another ripper I also use. EAC creates UTF8 (.m3u8) playlist files in each album directory as it goes whilst the other ripper creates a .m3u file in each directory. maybe they also tag the rest of the file in a different manner thus causing them to not be indexed? Other upnp servers I have running do index the same files (synology built in for example).

keep up the good work!

Like Graham, I can not enable logging. (Either as root or pi) Other than that the app is working reasonably well. Occasionally it gets it's index corrupted, but if I clear and rebuild it seems ok. I also notice quite a few cif errors in the syslog when Pi is indexing.. I have no idea why that is a happening, but I suspect this is hitting the scan performance which is quite slow. If I can get Pi debug going I might learn more, but this might be nothing to do with Asset
    Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    How are the files stored? locally on a USB or over a network share?
    Thanks for replying. They're stored on a powered USB HDD mounted at /media/usbhdd (music files stored at /media/usbhdd/Music/Albums). I installed the latest update and the same problem exists. The tracks get counted (so I assume that Asset is seeing the files on the hard drive), but the library is not getting updated.

Update: The library log reports "Error cannot read track meta, file must be in use" for every track.

I really appreciate your time.
    Last edited by munkiroy; 12-06-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by munkiroy View Post
    Update: The library log reports "Error cannot read track meta, file must be in use" for every track.
    Same issue here, I'm running Minibian with latest Asset beta from today, and I'm using nfs shares, eg mounted to /mnt/music. It is a fresh install, ie I removed ~/.dbPowerAmp and /usr/bin/asset before installing the updated beta. Asset scans the library directory, counts the correct number of files, then according to the library log, it gets the above error for every track in the library, and then reports 0 tracks, 0 albums.

Luckily I had swapped to another SD card to test this amongst other things, so I've swapped back to the original beta running on Minibian on another SD card, which still works fine with the same config, ie using nfs shares.

Administrator

Please email any of the files which says it cannot be scanned because it is in use:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

Please email any of the files which says it cannot be scanned because it is in use:

Hi Spoon,

No problem, email sent.

FYI I'm running 4 instances of Asset at the moment to test which works best for me. All access the same 2 music directories on my NAS, which is sharing these as both samba and nfs with full control to all users (for now).

1. Win Asset 4.1 on laptop, connecting to UNC paths to the samba shares on NAS. This instance reports 4709 tracks, 382 albums.

2. RaspberryPi using SD card *1 running Minibian (a cut down minimal Raspbian image from here) with an earlier Asset for Pi beta, connecting to nfs shares using mount. This instance counts, and after scanning reports 4709 tracks, 381 albums (haven't checked which 'extra' album is present on Windows instance vs this instance as yet).

3. The same RaspberryPi box, using SD card *2 also running Minibian, configured same way to mount nfs shares, with same permissions etc, running the latest Asset for Pi beta (downloaded Saturday NZ time), This instance counts 4709 tracks, then scans the tracks, getting same error for all 4709 tracks in the library log, and then reports 0 tracks,0 albums.

4. The NAS box (custom unRAID on very old hardware) is also running the latest Asset for Linux beta (downloaded Saturday NZ time), and it is accessing the 2 music directories directly. It also counts 4709 tracks, scans them, gets seemingly random errors about file in use, and shows 4680 tracks, 375 albums. If I tell it to rescan all, it successfully reads most of the earlier failed tracks (according to library log), but doesn't update the tracks/album count. Navigating thru the UNPnP server via the Windows Explorer view or via my network music streamer shows some of the tracks previously in error but not all of them.

From what I can tell of the Asset on Linux issues, it is partly random as to which files get the read errors. Some files just can't be read the first time around, but can be the second time around - I suspect these might be read timeouts? The other files that fail both times are all from the same album, so I suspect there is a meta data or file permission issue here - however these files are being read and streamed successfully by the original Asset Pi beta, and the Asset Win 4.1. The file I have emailed is from this album.

I'm wondering if the difference between all these builds, at least with respect to the issue I am seeing, is around a time out for reading the meta data when scanning the tracks. The more stable builds (purely from my perspective) perhaps have a longer time out value?

Asset is a great product, and my preference would be to use the RaspberryPi as my only Asset instance, as it seems an ideal use for a Pi. Plus I don't want to always have my laptop running, and my NAS is creaking at the seams (it is a 10+year old Pentium 4, runs basic NAS fucntions ok, but often runs near 0% idle when streaming data and running additional software such as Asset or Plex etc, so I prefer to run it without too much additional software, ie as bare unRAID build as possible).

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated

I have checked through the my library log file and am also receiving the same 'file in use erro'r but only for some files (as detailed in my earlier post). I shall email an example file to the address as requested.

I have noticed that there is now a trial period on this beta, does this mean that it expires after 30 days and you have to install the latest beta? For those of us less experienced with Linux that makes things a little more painful.

Cheers,

Civiconfire

Hi Spoon, I've emailed one of my files a few days ago, and replied to this post at the same time with a whole bunch more details of the issue however it looks like the auto moderation has blocked that post for some reason.

Any update on this?

Cheers
    Dunc

Administrator

Those who have emailed a test file, thanks, we look into it, for those test files emailed can you post here the full path name that file was in, example:

/mnt/media1/Some Artist/Some Album/

My example e-mailed on 7 Dec:
    /media/usbhdd/Music/Albums/AtoE/30 Seconds to Mars - A Beautiful Lie/01 - Attack - 30 Seconds to Mars.mp3

Those who have emailed a test file, thanks, we look into it, for those test files emailed can you post here the full path name that file was in, example:

Hi there,

The path for my example:

/netmnt/sdl_nas_03/media_lib/music_library/ripped/albums/Arcade Fire - Reflektor (disc 1)

/mnt/hdd/Music/GUN/1994 - Swagger/03 - Word Up!.mp3

/mnt/music/Beastie Boys/Grand Royal

/mnt/music/ was mounted via /etc/fstab:

192.168.1.100:/mnt/user/music /mnt/music nfs ro