title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP for Raspberry pi

Administrator

Re: Asset UPnP for Raspberry pi

the user account which asset is running with, if you type ls -l /mnt/media/ does it list the files?

----------
    It is possible for the pi to mount network shares, I will add a how to shortly.

Hi - yes I have mounted a cifs share under /mnt. I have another upnp server, miniDLNA, than can see them and index them. But Asset just seems to fail to see them - (BTW I have tried with miniDLNA both active and inactive).
    Yes I can see the files using ls -al. I have mounted using root (sudo mount -a) , and so have owner root, but have universal read access.
    I have looked in /var/log and I guess you don't write anything there?
    Simon
    Last edited by Batleys; 10-29-2013 at 07:51 AM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by civiconfire View Post
    So this currently only supports mounted usb storage? Will there be future support for NAS storage?
    You should be able to permanently mount your NAS following this guide I found and then use the last path as the media-path in Asset:

Create a new folder named nas
    cd /home/pi
    sudo mkdir nas
    sudo chmod 777 nas

Edit the /etc/fstab file:
    sudo nano /etc/fstab
    Add the following line:
    //192.168.1.xxx /home/pi/nas cifs guest,_netdev 0 0
    (replace 192.168.1.xxx with the actual IP-address of your nas)
    Mount the new drive:
    sudo mount /home/pi/nas
    Reboot your Raspberry PI:
    sudo reboot
    (just to make sure, maybe not necessary)
    set Assets scan-path to to /home/pi/nas (or, eventually to the subfolder you store your music in, such as /home/pi/nas/music ) and give it a go.

Have not tested it at home, but it should work, it's a quite common way to mount a network-drive..

You also could try to include a WOL (wake on Lan) script to start your NAS in case it's not running 24/7:

install it on your raspberry using

sudo aptitude install etherwake

find the MAC address of your NAS using

ifconfig

edit the fstab file again (like above)

sudo nano /etc/fstab

and add the line

sudo etherwake 00:00:00:00:00:00 (replace the numbers with the MAC-Address of your NAS)

at the bottom of fstab and save the fstab-file

Should do the trick: once you boot your Raspberry Pi, it shoul automatically wake your NAS as well (given, it supports WOL, of course)
    Last edited by dvdr; 10-31-2013 at 03:03 AM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Spoon
    did you by any chance have the time to look into the "softfloat"-issue? afaik, I am stuck with the softfloat-version, since I am in need for java, and the prebuilt image I am using (it's a quite common image here, after a tech-journal published a project to build a music player (HiRes music -> USB->SPDIF) based on the RPi). So a softfloat-compatible version of Asset would come quite handy to also use this project as a streaming server ...

Administrator

We are looking at these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by dvdr View Post
    You should be able to permanently mount your NAS following this guide I found and then use the last path as the media-path in Asset:

Create a new folder named nas
    cd /home/pi
    sudo mkdir nas
    sudo chmod 777 nas

Edit the /etc/fstab file:
    sudo nano /etc/fstab
    Add the following line:
    //192.168.1.xxx /home/pi/nas cifs guest,_netdev 0 0
    (replace 192.168.1.xxx with the actual IP-address of your nas)
    Mount the new drive:
    sudo mount /home/pi/nas
    Reboot your Raspberry PI:
    sudo reboot
    (just to make sure, maybe not necessary)
    set Assets scan-path to to /home/pi/nas (or, eventually to the subfolder you store your music in, such as /home/pi/nas/music ) and give it a go.

Have not tested it at home, but it should work, it's a quite common way to mount a network-drive..

You also could try to include a WOL (wake on Lan) script to start your NAS in case it's not running 24/7:

install it on your raspberry using

sudo aptitude install etherwake

find the MAC address of your NAS using

ifconfig

edit the fstab file again (like above)

sudo nano /etc/fstab

and add the line

sudo etherwake 00:00:00:00:00:00 (replace the numbers with the MAC-Address of your NAS)

at the bottom of fstab and save the fstab-file

Should do the trick: once you boot your Raspberry Pi, it shoul automatically wake your NAS as well (given, it supports WOL, of course)
    This worked perfectly thanks! This was about the second time I have ever worked with Linux and I found these instructions easy.

This is an interesting development - I've been waiting for an excuse to but a 'Pi' - this could be it!

Better still, and given that according to the RP.org website it is not possible to run WINE on a Pi, I add my vote to a version of Renaissance for the Raspberry Pi.

Hi, just enquiring to status. I still can't access my cifs mounts through Asset, even though other programmes can see them and they are clearly visible and accessible from the command line.
    Happy to return a diagnostic version of Asset if it helps... could it be to do with character type or working directory name length??
    Simon
    Last edited by Batleys; 11-08-2013 at 02:09 AM.

Administrator

We have a new beta soon with logging.

Ok thanks for update.

Thanks Spoon. This is excellent and everything worked first time for me. Far cheaper solution than buying a silent PC.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by dvdr View Post
    Spoon
    did you by any chance have the time to look into the "softfloat"-issue? afaik, I am stuck with the softfloat-version, since I am in need for java, and the prebuilt image I am using (it's a quite common image here, after a tech-journal published a project to build a music player (HiRes music -> USB->SPDIF) based on the RPi). So a softfloat-compatible version of Asset would come quite handy to also use this project as a streaming server ...
    I'm not sure if it helps but Java is now available for the raspian wheezy hardfloat HardFloat Java..

Administrator

We have had a look and it is not practical to support the softfloat version, sorry.

Ok.. I have changed my cifs permission on my NAS mount to Guest, as opposed to using an authenticated user. Asset can now read and index the NAS... Strange.. But there we are.
    Next hurdles..
    Album art.. I have used dbpoweramp to store most album art as folder.jpg. Asset running on windows has no problems seeing and providing this. On the Pi, Asset is failing here. The only album art provided is the odd file with embedded album art that I haven't ripped with dbpoweramp.
    The next point, not a big issue, but a bug anyway, the playlist folder size remains at 50 despite the value you try and set it on the configuration screen.
    Simon

Any update on a new beta? To resolve folder.jpg issues, provide debug, fix the auto playlist size bug, and provide the advanced features for custom menu navigation and renderer config.
    Thanks
    Simon

It just occurred to me, does Asset use any particular libraries to read the JPEG files? If so I can check to see if they installed on my Pi..
    Last edited by Batleys; 11-30-2013 at 07:04 AM.