title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP for Raspberry pi

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simes_pep
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2013

Re: Asset UPnP for Raspberry pi

Originally posted by Spoon
    Update 21st January 2014

- Added webconfig page for browse tree
    - Fixed internet radio not working
    - Stability improvements
    - Fixed playlist handling- now paths beginning with / are presumed absolute
    Super - no more editing of the Tree txt config file! However I like that the configuration page reflects the existing setup, so no further changes needed if you are happy with your Views setup.

No problems updating - just replaced the contents of /usr/bin/asset and rebooted.
    Seems to be rock solid, though I never encountered any stability issues with the previous Beta release.

Any other improvements or features planned prior to Release?

I can't tell how much better using Asset on the RPi over Twonky Server on the ReadyNAS Duo is, in terms user responsiveness with Naim's n-Stream on the iPad, browsing, Album Artwork handling, Album Artist and Compilation Album organization and transcoding.

Many thanks,
    Simon.

Comment

• Maccaa
      • Jun 2013

Originally posted by simes_pep
      Super - no more editing of the Tree txt config file! However I like that the configuration page reflects the existing setup, so no further changes needed if you are happy with your Views setup.

No problems updating - just replaced the contents of /usr/bin/asset and rebooted.
      Seems to be rock solid, though I never encountered any stability issues with the previous Beta release.

Any other improvements or features planned prior to Release?

I can't tell how much better using Asset on the RPi over Twonky Server on the ReadyNAS Duo is, in terms user responsiveness with Naim's n-Stream on the iPad, browsing, Album Artwork handling, Album Artist and Compilation Album organization and transcoding.

Many thanks,
      Simon.
      Evening Simon,

Currently running my pi with your last browse tree edit which is great, if I install this update will I need to re apply your edits?

Thanks

Andrew

Comment

• simes_pep
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Maccaa
        Evening Simon,

Currently running my pi with your last browse tree edit which is great, if I install this update will I need to re apply your edits?

Thanks

Andrew
        Thanks. No, no problems updating. I just downloaded the new version into /usr/bin/asset, unpacked it, delete the archive and then rebooted the RPi.
        This doesn't affect the Configuration details which are in /home/pi/.dBpoweramp

So

$ cd /usr/bin/asset
        $ wget http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/Asset-Raspberry.tar.gz
        $ tar -zxvf *.gz
        $ rm *.gz
        $ sudo reboot

The new version, in the Tree Configuration GUI displays the current Browser Tree views, but to be on the safe side, just take a copy of the AssetUPnPDefinedBrowseTreev4.txt file in /home/pi/.dBpoweramp/uMediaLibrary-v2

Simon.

Comment

• Maccaa
          • Jun 2013

Thanks. No, no problems updating. I just downloaded the new version into /usr/bin/asset, unpacked it, delete the archive and then rebooted the RPi.
          This doesn't affect the Configuration details which are in /home/pi/.dBpoweramp

So

$ cd /usr/bin/asset
          $ wget http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/Asset-Raspberry.tar.gz
          $ tar -zxvf *.gz
          $ rm *.gz
          $ sudo reboot

The new version, in the Tree Configuration GUI displays the current Browser Tree views, but to be on the safe side, just take a copy of the AssetUPnPDefinedBrowseTreev4.txt file in /home/pi/.dBpoweramp/uMediaLibrary-v2

Simon.
          Thank you Simon,

That worked a treat, another page in your "setup guide"?

Maccaa

Comment

• Batleys
            • Jun 2011

A quick note to say, I had .dBpoweramp database issues when I upgraded, so I had to delete it; rm -r ~/.dBpoweramp and restart AssetUPnP, reapply config and all ok. (And of course beta trial duration gets reset as well)
            Simon

Comment

• Maccaa
              • Jun 2013

Batleys, was your database issue immediately apparent? as mine seems fie at present.

Another question to all if I may, did anyone find out why a NAS will happily go to sleep and then every so often wake up the drives, all lights back on, for no apparent rhyme or reason, and with no regularity (obviously I am not streaming at this time) almost as though Asset has woken it up?

Maccaa

Comment

• simes_pep
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Dec 2013

/
                Originally posted by Maccaa
                Batleys, was your database issue immediately apparent? as mine seems fie at present.

Another question to all if I may, did anyone find out why a NAS will happily go to sleep and then every so often wake up the drives, all lights back on, for no apparent rhyme or reason, and with no regularity (obviously I am not streaming at this time) almost as though Asset has woken it up?

Maccaa
                It could be Asset running a 'Detecting Changes Scan' but if you have not set that option, and manually request Asset to rescan to detect any changes.
                It could be a NTP request - I have been seen, in the logs from my ReadyNAS Duo, that the disks have been woken up following a NTP check and update.
                Is the time on your NAS set to be taken from a NTP source or are you setting it manually?

Simon

Comment

• Maccaa
                  • Jun 2013

/

It could be Asset running a 'Detecting Changes Scan' but if you have not set that option, and manually request Asset to rescan to detect any changes.
                  It could be a NTP request - I have been seen, in the logs from my ReadyNAS Duo, that the disks have been woken up following a NTP check and update.
                  Is the time on your NAS set to be taken from a NTP source or are you setting it manually?

Simon
                  Thanks Simon, I have checked that the NTP option is off an have " stopped" all other packages except perl and mail server, as I am not sure if these are needed for functionality, ie is the mail server required to send mails for system functionality ie unsafe shut down emails etc, and not sure what perl does?

I am sure there must be a log to advise why it's waking, will keep looking.

Maccaa

Comment

• Batleys
                    • Jun 2011

Maccaa -yes it was immediately apparent on restart - there was some database corruption such that no albums were visible in the album directory - but all tracks could be selected individually - Anyway all ok now once reinitialised

Simon

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

Update 30th January

- Fixed more radio handling bugs
                      - Put AssetUPnP.LocalConfig file ( command: touch AssetUPnP.LocalConfig ) to force storage of configuration data in Asset's installation directory
                      - MP3 encoding disabled for performance reasons
                      - Improved album art picture caching - reduced CPU usage with repeated album art requests
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• simes_pep
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
                        Update 30th January

- Fixed more radio handling bugs
                        - Put AssetUPnP.LocalConfig file ( command: touch AssetUPnP.LocalConfig ) to force storage of configuration data in Asset's installation directory
                        - MP3 encoding disabled for performance reasons
                        - Improved album art picture caching - reduced CPU usage with repeated album art requests
                        All seems to be working fine.

Quick question on the Playlists - How are these worked out? So, how 'New' is new i.e. the age of the album/track to be included in this playlist, also how 'Recent' is recent? What makes a 'Top Artist' etc.

Also could these be configurable? Or ordered as the newest album/track, most recently played, etc?

Thanks,
                        Simon.

Comment

• simes_pep
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Dec 2013

All seems to be working fine.

Quick question on the Playlists - How are these worked out? So, how 'New' is new i.e. the age of the album/track to be included in this playlist, also how 'Recent' is recent? What makes a 'Top Artist' etc.

Also could these be configurable? Or ordered as the newest album/track, most recently played, etc?

Thanks,
                          Simon.
                          Sorry - they seem to be working properly again - setting the Dynamic Playlist Item Count to '50', which I think was the previous Default, has the 'New Albums' entry listing them in 'newest' order.

Also I see there is now a 'Check for New Tracks Interval (minutes)' setting - this new setting is defaulted to 60 minutes. Before this was configurable, did I read that this was 15 minutes? What is ideal?

Simon.

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

Which Count number did you set to when it did not work?

60 minutes is a tradeoff, people who have huge collections do not need it rescanning all the time.
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• simes_pep
                              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                              • Dec 2013

It was set to 100 and was displaying the output incorrectly - ordered A-Z and not by most recent etc.

So with ~18,000 tracks is 60 better?

Thanks,
                              Simon.

Comment

• dunc
                                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by PeterP
                                Late reply-
                                You can start Asset by:
                                export home=<any path you want> && ./AssetUPnP
                                Overriding the home directory variable will cause Asset to store its configuration elsewhere.
                                Even later reply:
                                Thanks Spoon, and I also spotted the note in a more recent release about using AssetUPnP.LocalConfig

Comment

Working...

]]>